Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan Freeman
Unclaimed Demigod

Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Empty
PostSubject: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Allison vaguely heard her alarm clock go off next to her bunk in the Hermes Cabin, and she slammed her hand down hard on it to turn it on snooze then she cocked her head up and turned it off. Ugh, it was 8:30 in the morning, but it was time to get ready anyways. She continued on to separate her hair from the side of her head where she slept and sat fully upright. Yawning and still underneath her covers she reached underneath the bunk and grabbed her bad of belongings and pulled out a silver shirt that said Memories Last Forever and her jean shorts, her outfit for the day. She also added her short sword and hunting knife to the group of clothes. Allison also pulled out shampoo and a towel and continued to get fully out of her bed and headed towards the bathroom to shower.

When Allison came out of the shower she felt fully refreshed and ready to go about the day. She finished getting dressed and straightened out her hair that fell around her shoulders like normal before slipping her tennis shoes on and hooking her hunting knife and short sword on her belt and headed out the door. Once she hit the fresh air, she knew it was going to rain, she smelled it in the air, not to mention there were clouds off in the distance, of course, at Camp, it wouldn't rain, so she didn't have to worry. It was a hot day, around 92 degrees Fahrenheit probably, and it was still morning, though with the smell of the rain and the way the day felt, it was a beautiful day. It was days like today that increased her love for nature.

Allison headed towards the strawberry fields, where she normally liked to go in the morning, it was relaxing and beautiful. The smell was great as well, and the strawberries tasted amazing as well, Dionysus sure did know how to grow great food. She wasn't planning on taking any today, one less she picked, the more revenue the camp picked up, of course, if the gods really wanted to, they could reward the camp with tons of money, but they left the campers alone mainly, and she was just fine with that, besides, if they gave the camp money, there would be no need for the strawberries.

Anyways, she arrived at the strawberry fields and she sat down in the shade of a tree watching the satyrs run around and the dryads singing to the strawberries, making them grow faster and turn redder. She smiled, it was a lovely site, and she wasn't paying any attention to anything else until someone came up besides her, she turned to them smiling and said, "Have a seat, I'm Allison, nice to meet you." Allison turned and looked them over again before sighing and saying, "I wish the sights, smells, and sounds were this beautiful all the time in New York, and with all the cars and noise around there, it is hard to get away and alone to yourself and think, but here is a great place to do that. My motto is those who dream the most. Do the most, pretty true huh?" she asked, "I live by that motto by coming out here and 'dreaming' by thinking." Her words sounded very wise to her, of course, that was to her, though that was her true motto, she always told people that, hoping they would do the same.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 pm

((I will reply! Just wait for it, please? Thanks!))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Oh no. Matthew hated that sound. That dreadful voice which always calls in the morning, nagging his mind. Reminding him to go to school. Alerting him to wake up, get to the shower, then brush his hair. Even though his face could be considered beautiful, Matt doesn't like the work he has to do to keep that look. It was excruciating, to tell the truth.

But he knows that the alarm wasn't his. The sound was different, not to mention he didn't bring any kind of that device to this place. This camp called Camp Half-Blood, a place for people like him, he thought bitterly. No, Matt doesn't hate this place. If there's anything that he didn't like, is the fact that he has to found out about this the hard way: figuring out that he actually was just an adoptive son, with mysterious parents and apparently, very deadly stalkers. It's amazing that he hasn't get caught yet, or worse: eaten. At least, that was the sayings of his satyr, Bernie, who helped him find his way to this place.

Matt was rubbing his eyes, slowly getting back to the present time. He squints, looking for somebody to blame for that noisy alarm. But when she saw the girl who just woke up, his anger calmed down. Matt will never snap at a girl. He was taught to appreciate them, not pick a fight. With a deep breath, he grabbed his bath kit, a fresh set of proper attire (green shirt with faded jeans. His favourite.), and his towel. After the girl disappeared to her shower, Matt pace himself to the boys shower.

While combing his hair, Matt was thinking about his few days on his camp. With the help of some friends in the Hermes cabin, he got the sleeping-bag, a couple of camp t-shirts for changing, and a set of schedule. But somehow his heart wasn't in it. How could these activities would help him to find out where he belongs? This doesn't make sense, at all. His thoughts were still floating in his mind when he left the shower and got back to the cabin.

After putting his shower kit back where it belongs, Matt opened his schedule. Archery class at 10. He frowned at the paper. When will the hand-to-hand combat class showed up on his schedule? His finger traced down, and Matt let out a huge sigh. Five days from now. That is... that's just... Matt can't even find a suitable word to say. He flicked his schedule back to the sleeping bag, and got out from the cabin with frustration. He definitely need time to just... breathe.

Matt strolled around the cabin, looking for a suitable place to chill. He gazed at the Sound, and instantly decided that won't be best. He's not in the mood to stare at water all day. And then he saw the strawberry field. Acres of fruits, red and green on everything he could see. Matt smirked. Yes, that would be perfect.

But when he was approaching that field, he realized that someone was already sitting under the tree. And even more surprising, it was the girl who has the nagging alarm. Matt scoffed with disbelief. After a few seconds, he walked slowly and cautiously to the girl, trying to make his face as straight as he could. She suddenly mentioned her own name, which is Allison. "I'm Matt." He tried to be polite. He nodded when she suddenly rambling about how beautiful the view is, how it’s very different from the city, and how thinking in the city was very hard with all those noise and vehicles around. Matt smirked. Maybe her alarm was annoying, but at least Allison has the same view as him. The city is very loud compare to this particular place. After that, Allison said that this is the perfect place to think, and was very suitable with her motto : The one who dream the most, do the most.

“I can’t agree more.” Matt’s voice was hoarse, since he hardly speak to anyone after his arrival here. “Dreaming is good, but there’s no point if you’re not doing what you dream of.” He hoped that Allison won’t misunderstood what he just said, because that was one of his motto. Very similar to hers, but could be interpreted wrong by some person. He sat down beside her, looking at the satyr who were chasing one another. “So, what are you doing here? Just want to clear your mind or… dream about something?” Because for me, it’s the first one, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Freeman
Unclaimed Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:26 pm

The boy walked slowly and cautiously to her, like he was afraid of girls or something. She had to hold back a laugh, seriously, why walk cautiously? Did she look threatening or something? Anyways, she didn't care, she just found it amusing that he seemed so cautious. Then it hit her, duh, he must have been a Hermes Cabin kid, so her alarm must have woken him too. Wait, why DID she have an alarm? The Cabin Leader woke you up in time, she made a mental note to toss it in the trash later, it wasn't special to her, yeah she took it on camping trips and that's why she brought it with her, she thought she was going camping in tents and such. Boy was she wrong, so she didn't need that alarm, even though it had been there the 4 years she had been there, it was a cheap $10 clock anyways.

Allison listened as he said his name was Matt, trying to be polite. Again, Allison was amused, one good thing about being a girl, it was taught that boys were to be respectful to them, which obviously boys hated, but being a girl, she loved it. It gave her space and the leniency to do more. "You are from the Hermes cabin right?" she asked, "If so, sorry about the alarm clock, I need to get rid of that thing." Allison might as well apologize, even if it was for nothing, she was returning the favor on being polite by being polite back.

“I can’t agree more. Dreaming is good, but there’s no point if you’re not doing what you dream of.” Matt said, it sounded like he hadn't talked in a few weeks, typical of a new kid if he was new, or he was just shy like she normally was and didn't talk much (though she talked a bunch one you became friends with her). Allison just nodded for her response, unsure on what to say, that had 2 meanings for sure, and she wasn't sure which one he meant when he said that, so her common response was just a nod.

“So, what are you doing here? Just want to clear your mind or… dream about something?” he asked her, sitting down beside Allison. That was strange because he came up cautiously to her, she didn't know though, it was hard to tell what that meant. "Well, I came to do a little bit of both, mainly clearing my mind, though often when I do that I end up daydreaming." Allison responded smiling at him and being polite. "So how long have you been here? You look rather new, so I'm gonna guess under a month."

She looked at him and noticed his features. Matt had long hair and bangs and had lanky legs and stood average at about 5'11 inches. You could call him gorgeous if you wanted too, though he was a guy, and she wasn't really looking for a boyfriend at that exact moment, plus he looked what? 21 years old, way to old for her, maybe some other young guy. Of course, like she just thought, she wasn't looking for anyone at the moment. Matt was wearing a green shirt and faded jeans as well. She then realized if he was new, how would he be that old and living? Most demigods came at about the age of 12, most over that died by a monster etc. She guessed he was just one of the rarities, that was, if he was new.

((Bleh, crappy))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

((Er, I'll reply to your post real quick. But I think I've stated in my sig that Matt's age is sixteen. My real age was 21. Very Happy I'll change it, it seems like many people misunderstood it. Sorry. Sad ))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Allison saw Matt before he even sat down besides her. She actually remembers the alarm incident. Maybe she saw Matt's annoyed expression back then in Hermes Cabin? She says sorry, which make Matt nodded and smirked. It seems like Allison was paying attention to her cabin mates. Good for her.

When Matt asked about what's she doing here, her answer was somewhat the mixture of both. "Well, I came to do a little bit of both, mainly clearing my mind, though often when I do that I end up daydreaming." Matt hoped he could daydream as well. With everything that was spinning in his head, he's definitely in need of some sleep. Sadly, he couldn't get a decent one since he got to this camp. To tell the truth, it was Matt's best dozing time today, before he got interrupted by that awful noise.

And the Allison asked the typical question to be asked to a newbie. "So how long have you been here? You look rather new, so I'm gonna guess under a month." When she said that, she raised her eyebrows to Matt's composure. He couldn't help but chuckle. Usually people see him as an older guy due to his quite and mature appearance. Maybe Allison thought so too. "It's less, actually." He admitted while clasping his hands together, his eyes were setting on the beautiful green sights. "I'm only here for a few days. How about you? Are you new here too, or...?" He doesn't need to finish that sentence, since the meanings were obvious.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Freeman
Unclaimed Demigod

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Matt smirked when she mentioned the alarm, so it pissed one person off apparently. She didn't know why else he would smirk if he wasn't mad, it didn't make any sense, then again, some boys were hard to understand, just like that joke that women were hard to understand, except the opposite. Allison came to daydream today, but it wasn't coming along before Matt came, her head was just blank at the moment, maybe she needed more sleep, she didn't know. Allison would just have to go to bed earlier tonight if that was the case.

She normally got enough sleep, but last night for some reason didn't get her enough maybe, or maybe it was because of her alarm waking her up earlier than she expected. Whatever the case was, she seemed to get less sleep then normal, but then again, demigods don't get much good sleep at all, it was normally always haunted by nightmares or visions.

Matt said he had been there a few days, no wonder he looked new, so things were still confusing, she remembered her first few days at camp, so many things to grasp, it was almost too much. Who knows, maybe he didn't believe anyone yet, maybe he was scared to death, maybe he was excited, it was always hard to tell with newbies. "I'm only here for a few days. How about you? Are you new here too, or...?" he asked her, he wouldn't know obviously.

"I've been here for 4 years, still unclaimed, I guess my parent is really busy or just hasn't had time to claim me." she responded, a little bit proudly because she had lived that long when surviving being a demigod was always hard, especially since she was taking a gamble going to school in New York every winter, not knowing how strong her scent was to monsters. She had seen quite a few though, but that meant nothing on who her parent was, maybe a bunch of monsters just inhabited the area she went to school, she would never know, it was one of those things that was impossible to know. She might get an idea when she gets claimed on why there were so many monsters, but it wouldn't answer it completely, she was a demigod, and demigods attracted and got attacked by monsters.

Those who do the most, dream the most
Back to top Go down
Matthew Lee

Matthew Lee

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:50 am

"I've been here for 4 years, still unclaimed, I guess my parent is really busy or just hasn't had time to claim me." So does mine, Matt thought. And his mortal birth parent doesn't care for him as well. Matt has to wait until he was almost 16 to find out who he really is. There are only few reasons to cause such longing. Either the satyrs in this place were lazy, or Matt's godly parent forgot that he/she had a child. But maybe Allison feels the same way too. 4 years in this weird place… who knows what she has been through all these years.

“I think it’s the same for my parent, too.” Matt shrugged. No, he has never been chased by what they called ‘monsters’. But sure, he knew he has some stalkers. And Matt must admit, some are even weirder than the geekest geek or the most gothic goth in his school. Some are muscular, and some are so thin you could even see their thin fingers as talons. But then Matt tilted his head. Maybe it was talons. Then it would confirm that all of those people that followed Matt everywhere were actually monsters. The only reason that he could be alive right now might be because he was more comfortable at home than at someplace else. Matt always goes home when he finished school. He never even went to the nearest bookstore by himself: either with friends or with his sister. And Matt always has his… what was it? Ah. A chaperone to protect him and his sister. Huh. Maybe being a son of a foreign investor has its perks.

But because of the comfort his foster parent had given him, Matt never suspects that he was actually an adoptive child. He snorted angrily when remembering those times. Maybe he should sleep on the streets instead. Anything besides having his future obscured by a sudden change like this. Why can’t his godly parent just take care of him instead of plop him into a stranger’s house? Still, Matt’s foster parents were nice. But that just make moving on even harder.

Before he would burst and snapped at the girl in front of her, Matt took a deep breath. Calm yourself, a voice in his head whispered. Matt nodded. After closing his eyes for a few second, he opened them again. He put on his best smile at Allison, as his way to apologize on his weird behavior before. Most girls are vulnerable by it, but Matt has a feeling this girl won’t. Allison seems ignorant, which he like. Maybe they could be friends. He decided to ask more questions about Allison’s past, to find out what they might have in common. “So… 4 years, huh? Did you ever go outside in those 4 years? Or you just… linger here?” Matt wasn’t sure what to say about that, since he didn’t know about it much himself. Does campers allowed to go to school? Or they just stay here, training non-stop?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))   Awakenings ((Open, PG-13)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awakenings ((Open, PG-13))
Page 1 of 1