Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Arrival (Open)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James Smith
Son of Athena
James Smith

The New Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm

It's a grim looking morning on the outskirts of the camp's borders, a lone taxi cab could be seen approaching Half Blood Hill were anyone looking. Inside the cab, other than the driver, are two teenagers, one a frequent visitor and the other a completely new arrival. Inside the cab's passenger compartment a surprising conversation is taking place.

"Jim, I'm going to take my pants off if you continue to give me a hard time about this" A young Caucasian man says to the other teenager sitting next to him. The other teenager is taken aback and gives his friend a confused look, "Tom if you take your pants off in the car I WILL kick your happy so called Satyr butt, I said it before, you've lost it man, there's no such thing and you know it so quit messin around." the other teen says, Jim being the other teen obviously. Tom chuckles, "Fine you asked for it, I know the Mist has bound to be fading for you the past few years, your older than when I first found you." with that he reaches for his shoes, taking them off one at a time, revealing hooves rather than feet. Jim widens his eyes in surprise before sliding himself farther away, which being in a cab was like a foot. "What the heck?!" Jim exclaims as his friend roll's his pant legs up, revealing goat legs, "No way... this stuff isn't, can't be real, your just another hallucination or I'm losing it".

The Satyr grins a bit at his friend, "No I'm real enough, just like everything else you've been seeing the past few years, when I found you again a few weeks ago I was surprised and pretty happy, when I found you at Bragg you were already attracting some attention, not alot but enough for me to pic up on you and your smell." he leans back into the seat, pants rolled up to his knees and shoes on the floor. Jim scrunches his face in concentration, he didn't remember meeting Tom until he dad was stationed at Fort Benning, almost as if reading his mind Tom speaks up "I followed you to Benning Jim, I'm a protector of demigods, it's my job, I had enough reasons to follow you so I could get you here for your own safety, but then your dad died, and you moved and I lost your trail." He crosses his arms before speaking again, "You see, demigods attract monsters when they hit their teens, most don't survive unless a protector gets them to the camp, where they are trained in self defense and general monster fighting, I think the only reason why you are still here is that after your mom died you moved to quickly for monsters to really hone in on you."

Jim sighs deeply as he processes everything he was just told, it was insane, but in a weird way it seemed to just feel true. He and his dad were close, and him being brought up just made him miss him that much more. Now he was being told he was a demigod, which required one of his parents being a god. He never had to deal with the absence of a parent, as his parents married each other shortly before he was born and the first 9 months or so before that was never brought up and talked about. He looked back to mythology class, thankfully he had been rather interested in the subject matter and still retained alot of the information, "So your saying I'm like Hercules, or Perseus or those other hero's from the stories? But I knew both my parents, so your logic is looking a bit flawed considering the lack of a God in the equation." Jim says sarcastically. "Your lucky Jim, you had a full family at least for a time, most half bloods never do, and as for the god in you, I don't know anymore than you do bud, you'll be 'claimed' at camp. I'm surprised you haven't been already considering your 17, you haven't had a neon sign pop up over your head have you?" Tom ask's with a grin and a genuine chuckle.

As the Satyr laughs the taxi stops, a hill in the distance raising up in the landscape, and the grim looking storm in the sky just avoided a large area behind it. "Ah we're here Jim, I know this is alot and I'm sorry for the deception, but I think you will fit in here better than you have anywhere else" Tom says this as he opens the door and gets out, he looks back inside at his friend and charge, "James" he says using his friend's actual name, "I guarantee you if you get out with me and climb over this hill you won't regret it, if you don't you may not last much longer in the mortal world". Jim breaths in deep and exhales, "Tom, your my friend, if I can't trust you then whats the point right?".

With that said the demigod opens his door, he looks to the cabbie for the fee but a wave of the cabbie's hand says it's on the house, he steps out onto the grass on the side of the road and follows his friend up.

Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 am

((I'll make this interesting and add a monster Smile I'll allow the satyr for now))

Frank had only known he was child of Dionysus for a few days, but now he was on guard duty, for the first time since he had been claimed. At least, he'd be on guard duty in a few hours. Frank was laying in his bed, alone in the Dionysus cabin. He looked at the clock on the wall, breakfast time. So Frank swung his legs over the side and put shorts and a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt on. He then bent down, and tied down his boots.

As Frank was heading out the door, he almost forgot his weapon, so he turned around and grabbed the little grape key chain that could turn into any weapon, and if used by someone other than a child of Dionysus, it would make them temporarily insane. He hooked the key chain onto his belt loop and headed towards the Mess Hall, with the smell of pancakes and bacon.

When he got there, he ate alone at his table, as he had too. He ate the breakfast with milk then looked at his watch, 9:34 A.M. His shift started at 11:00 A.M, so he headed towards the archery range and practiced archery for an hour. After he was done, he headed back to his cabin and put on his armor that he had gotten from the armory. It was like any other set of armor except it was tinted a purple color. He first donned the ankle braces, then leg pieces, then chest plate, and the rest of the armor like normal.

Frank glanced over at the clock again, it was 10:47 A.M, so he headed out the door and into the fresh morning air, but noticed a storm gathering outside of camp. He turned towards the Hill and started walking. On the way he switched his key chain, which he decided to name φύση, or Nature. He switched it into a sword that fit him perfectly, and it, like any other demigod, was celestial bronze, but tinted a light purple, and it had φύση engraved on the blade.

When he got to the top of the hill, he slumped down next to the tree, watching the grass flourish all around him, and for entertainment mainly, he made a grape vine grow up next to him, and picked the grapes off of it and ate them, then made it shrink back into the ground. He could have sworn he heard a growl of something that sounded like a griffin, but he couldn't see the monster. He sensed danger though, so he stood up, and looked off into the distance and saw a cloud of dust far down the dirt road.

Eventually a taxi cab came into view. Is a monster following that cab? I bet this is a new demigod, Frank thought. He looked up and noticed black sky's, a storm. Of course, it was splitting around Camp. Just as he had suspected, the storm broke, lightning flashed and hit the ground about 50 feet away from him, of course, being on the top of the hill, he was getting drenched. He then noticed the cab door open and a demigod step out along with a satyr.

Just then off to the northeast, a griffin broke out of the woods, heading straight for them. He doubted they could see him, but if he could see them, they could see him, so he shouted, "HURRY!!!" He pointed to the griffin for the satyr and yelled, "IT'S A GRIFFIN! GET HIM OVER THE BORDER!" He knew he would have to fight as they climbed the hill and got near him, but so did the griffin, once they crossed over to him, they would be safe. The griffin was only a few feet away from them when, unknowing what he did, Frank shoved his hands out towards the griffin, which was now in front of them, and vines shot out of the ground and tangled themselves around the griffin. He charged across the border and stood next to them, "It won't hold it for long, by the way, Frank Desmond, son of Dionysus. Satyr, you better get that demigod across the border, I can deal with this." With that, he swung his sword like he was trained to do, and hit the griffin's shoulder, but didn't kill it. It made it very angry though, and it broke free of the vines, and charged him, but Frank sidestepped and swung at it's legs, bringing it to the ground, but it stood back up and turned to face them.
Back to top Go down
https://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:39 am

Alex Jones, who had already move his stuff into his cabin, had gone to bed. In the next couple of weeks, he'd be ordering some newer and better furnitre for the cabin, like couches, a fridge, maybe even a TV. As he woke up, he out his litte Toy war hammer in his pocket. He wore NBA sweat pants, his Kobe Jersey, and a Lakers jacket, and went for his morning run. Before breakfast. Around twelve he'd be relieving Frank from Guard duty, so he wanted to do his routine a little faster that day.

He looked down at his watch. 6:45 AM. He took off for a jog around the sound. It was peaceful there, Alex loved peacful things. After his 30 minute run, he sat down to meditate, for 15 minutes. He stopped by to adopt a Pegasus. "Plato? How 'bout I call you homeboy?" Alex asked the Pegasus. The Pegasus made a happy sound, and Alex said, "Homeboy it is then." Alex said laughing. After he adopted his Pegasus, he went and got some breakfast. Whole grain toast, eggs, bacon, and some milk. After that, Alex took of

He put on some normal clothes and decided to take a walk around camp. He looked at his watch, "10:48 AM, I let's keep Frank some company, Harlequin." Alex said, he had named his war hammer, Harlequin, as Harley Quinn, because his hammer looked like something the Joker would have, and the Jokers girlfriend was Harley Quinn. Anyway, Alex also took a silver sword he had found, the same one that had his name on it, from his dad. He had also asked a Heaphestus kids to make a dagger specially for him. And they did. Alex had metal bracers, and that was all.

As he walked towards Half blood hill, Alex saw Frank, apparently fighting off a Griffin, from the woods. Alex looked towards the woods and saw something he was hopping to never see again. "Sprites!" Alex exclaimed. "Yo! Frank!" Alex said, making it known that he was there.
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 am

((you can't add stuff to cabin like that, and order will be James, me, Alex, sound good?))
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am

((Alex was just thinking he was gonna do it, but he probablly wont.))
Back to top Go down
James Smith
Son of Athena
James Smith

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 pm

The griffin was not in the patient mood today apparently as as soon as it turned around it charged, the cut in it's shoulder, the vines tangling it up, and the swing at it's leg made it angry. Add the fact that this particular griffin had been following Jim for the past few months further fueled its rage. The other newcomer was ignored at the beast charged towards the new demigod and the one who attacked him.

Jim having no specific training in fighting something like this doesn't roll out of the way but simply jumps to the side. Tom however having fought various monsters before and was trained rolled out of the way. "Jim run!" Tom shouts to his friend, pointing towards the tree on the hill. Jim scrambles up and turns to look at the hill and tree, and then back at his friend, who now was helping the kid, Frank he said his name was, fight the griffin. He doesn't hesitate as he turns away from the tree and the barrier of the camp and barrels down the hill at the griffin. Before he runs into the monster he turns himself like a football player does before he goes for a tackle, shoulder first, he pushes for more speed before jumping into the griffin shoulder first, making it stumble and fall to it's side.

(bit uninspired, wasn't really planning for a combat entrance.)
Back to top Go down
Evie Nightingale
Daughter of Hecate
Evie Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:11 am

Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle strategy!
Ares was, as usual, getting on the goddesses nerves. A simple meeting between the Olympians had once again turned into a battle of Brains versus Brawn, and slowly the other gods had left the meeting chamber. Ares was arguing that you didn’t even need to formulate a plan for a fight, let alone a war. Athena, however, thought otherwise. You can’t simply wing it in the hopes that you’ll win. You have to plan it out carefully or be thwarted by the enemy. She and Ares simply agreed to disagree, it was their nature after all. She was the strategy goddess, he was the brute force and warfare god. A match made in heaven if it weren’t for Aphrodite, and Athena’s own personal preference.

Athena scowled as the thoughts ran through her head, shunting them away to a deeper corner of her mind where she wouldn’t pay attention to them. And then when Ares spoke again the goddess stood up and walked towards the door. “We shall continue this… later. As for now, I have no patience.” Athena swept out of the door and into her own private chambers where she turned to a large mirror on the wall. The mirror showed Camp Half-blood from a birds-eye view. Most of the time she would sit and watch this when she was bored, it was like a TV. She had several children around the camp, claimed and unclaimed alike. She liked to think that out of all the gods she was the best at claiming her children.

Right now, as she zoomed in on certain aspects of the camp, there seemed to be a rather dramatic entrance going on, and upon further inspection the goddess saw her son was the one that was on his way to camp. A small smile lifted the goddesses face. She knew the perfect way to calm down and shift her thoughts away from the thug Ares.

Athena disappeared from the room, not in the dramatic way most of the gods chose to leave in, but a simple disappearance, reappearing atop the hill seconds later. She was dressed in her simplest clothing, so she wouldn’t seem intimidating to the children fighting the monster. She held a spear in her hands, though it wasn’t there for very long. The goddess impaled the monster on it, throwing it like a javelin, and once again the thing returned to the darkest depths of the underworld to reform.

With the monster dust she proceeded to do what she had come to camp to do. Her sign, an owl, appeared over James’s head as she strode towards him. “James Smith. I claim you as a wise son of Athena. I present you with two gifts today. The first, a book that will become any you wish to read. This includes photo albums. As long as the book exists somewhere in the world, you will always be able to find it here.” She handed over a plain leather bound book to the boy. “Secondly I present you with a magical weapon. It will never be lost, but once you have decided upon the weapon you cannot change it.” She handed over the spear that she had killed the griffin with; it had shrunk and changed into a wrist watch. “Twist the dial next to the watch face and it will become your weapon. You have been so brave my son, just like your father. I tried to save him, but he refused. I wanted to take him to Olympus with me, have him stay forever as an immortal by my side. You’re just like him. Pray that this is not the last time we meet, James.” The goddess gave a small smile before taking a few steps back.

“And now, I must take my leave. No doubt Zeus will want words about my slight interference with the griffin.” And with that the goddess disappeared.

((CONGRATULATIONS TO JAMES! SON OF ATHENA!))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:12 am

((I call next post! I'll reply when I can))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:06 am

Frank was getting attacked by a griffin and all Alex could yell was, "Yo! Frank!" He'd have to do something about that later, but for now he was focused on the griffin. As he was about to slash again at the griffins head, the demigod football tackled him, it seemed picture perfect, at least what a football coach would say, he watched football, and it seemed perfect to him. The griffin ended up rolling down the hill, but eventually got it's grip and stood back up.

At that moment a goddess appeared at the top of the hill with a spear and chucked it at the griffin with perfect aim, making it crumple to dust. Is she here to claim this demigod already? Me and Alex are both claimed already. Though I probably could have taken it by myself. He turned to Alex, "So you say yo when I am getting attacked? Not the most encouraging phrase." Frank then noticed who the goddess was and bowed to her, "Athena." He then saw that her symbol was above the demigods head. He then listened to her as she said, “James Smith. I claim you as a wise son of Athena. I present you with two gifts today. The first, a book that will become any you wish to read. This includes photo albums. As long as the book exists somewhere in the world, you will always be able to find it here.” She handed over a plain leather bound book to the boy. “Secondly I present you with a magical weapon. It will never be lost, but once you have decided upon the weapon you cannot change it.” She handed over the spear that she had killed the griffin with; it had shrunk and changed into a wrist watch. “Twist the dial next to the watch face and it will become your weapon. You have been so brave my son, just like your father. I tried to save him, but he refused. I wanted to take him to Olympus with me, have him stay forever as an immortal by my side. You’re just like him. Pray that this is not the last time we meet, James.” The goddess gave a small smile before taking a few steps back.

When Athena tooked a few steps back, he said, "Congratulations James! I assume that is your name since your mom just said that. Your mother is Athena, goddess of wisdom and fighting. My father is Dionysus, god of nature, grapes, insanity, and party's, but you'll meet him in a little bit. I apologize if he is rude, he can be to anyone other than his children. Tom, you can lead him, I'll be following." He guessed Tom was the satyr's name, since he had heard James say it. The goddess then disappeared, so her work was done, he doubted that the kid had any idea how to use a weapon. He almost forgot to introduce Alex, "This guy over here is Alex, son of Baubo, goddess of laughter."

So this kid was claimed really quick, that was strange, but the gods had to do what they had to do, and that was when Athena decided he should be claimed. He could only imagine what was going on inside James' head right now, probably confusion, and excitement. He didn't know what he would think of his dad, probably badly, like every demigod had of him except his children, who he actually showed affection too. Frank then changed Nature back into the key chain. "Once of the cool things of being a demigod is you get powers, but according to your godly parent, since I am a child of Dionysus, I can make vines like that, I have an influence on nature and can make people go slightly insane, and I guess you can say I can party really well too," Frank said, chuckling a little. He knew this kid would ask what his powers were, so Frank said, "I'll tell you what is normally expected of an Athena child later, maybe Chiron will, you can ask him."

((I don't know Athena's powers on the top of my head, and Congrats James!!!!))
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:10 am

((although epic, having Athena kill the monster broke the Rules of Direct Interference. Nice Claiming nonetheless. Zeus IS going to have to get on to her for it.))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:11 am

((If I was Zeus, I'd smite her right there...))
Back to top Go down
James Smith
Son of Athena
James Smith

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:32 am

The entire time Jim remained silent, the fact that his godly parent was not his father seemed to lift a weight off his chest. He was prepared to resent a godly father, but a mother. When he thought about it it made sense, his mom was never the most motherly, she seemed to try but lacked that spark that his friend's moms did. He looks at the book as the other demi god mentions something about his father and introduces his friend. He glanced up the the teenager that attacked the griffin and gave him a curious look, "Thanks for jumping in like you did" he says simply, words have never been his strong suit.

With a quick glance he acknowledges the other kid that showed up during the fight, yelling something like 'yo man', with simple nod of the head. He turns back to his gifts, specifically the watch, he would have to wait to decide what he should have it change to until after he got a feel for a few different weapons, since aparently having a weapon while fighting monsters is a good thing. He looked to the teenager who spoke to him, Frank, and instead of asking about powers, which Jim wasn't very interested in in the first place, asks a much more simple question. "What now?".
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:23 am

Alex had finished turning all the sprites to dust with his hammer. "Yeah, whatever, don't thank me." Alex muttered to himself. Alex walked over towards Frank and Frank had said "So you say yo when I am getting attacked? Not the most encouraging phrase." Alex turned back to the boy who just had gotten claimed by Athena, "Sup, I'm Alex Jones-" But had been interrupted by Frank introducing himself and Frank had also introuduced Alex. Then Frank had said "Once of the cool things of being a demigod is you get powers, but according to your godly parent, since I am a child of Dionysus, I can make vines like that, I have an influence on nature and can make people go slightly insane, and I guess you can say I can party really well too," Frank had siad. Alex then decided he should get a turn to talk and said, "That's a thing Frank and I have in common, since my Mom is Goddess Of Laughter and all things fun, I can party pretty well myself." Alex said.

Alex then turned to Frank, "I was just letting you know I was there, and that once I was done killing the Sprites, I'd be willing to help your sorry butt." Alex said in a jokinly manner, so Frank would know that about the 'Sorry Butt' thing was just a joke. "What now?" The new boy, James had asked.

"Well if you want we can accompany you to the Athena Cabin and then bring you to Chiron."
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:54 am

((Alex. Athena killed the griffin, you didn't even fight...))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:59 am

"What now?" James asked, "Well, we take you to Chiron and Mr. D and we give you orientation." Frank said, then when Alex said, "That's a thing Frank and I have in common, since my Mom is Goddess Of Laughter and all things fun, I can party pretty well myself." Frank responded to that jokingly, "I'd like to see you try."

"I was just letting you know I was there, and that once I was done killing the Sprites, I'd be willing to help your sorry butt." Alexander said, What in the world is a sprite! If he means monster, Athena killed it. "What the heck is a sprite? If you mean monster, just say it, and Athena killed it." He wished Alex would try not to take all the glory, he had a thing for that. So Frank tried to ignore the child of laughter and headed back across the border and down the hill in his lightly tinted purple armor towards the Big House. "Follow me James, we have much to speak about, you can come too Tom."

As he walked down the hill, he explained to Thomas, "The old Greek gods myths you know? They aren't myths, they are real life forces. There are the 12 Olympians of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, the Big Three, Hermes, Dionysus, my father, Hephaestus, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hera, Athena, your mother, Ares, and Demeter. Of course, there are the minor deities like Baubo and such. Like the myths, they interact with mortals and have children, all the humans you see here are demi-gods, they are offspring of the god, you are the son of Athena, as she just claimed you. Other creatures you may see here is satyrs, like your friend Tom, centaurs, nymphs, and others. Monsters, like the one we just fought are stocked in the woods, so go in there if you dare, but with a weapon, I always love the challenge. Here they train you to fight them and survive. This is the only safe place you can be, oh yeah, and be patient with my father, he can be uh, rude sometimes, but Chiron isn't, any questions?"

((I'll RP Dionysus, and I'll ask Thomas if he can RP Chiron, also, did I miss anything in the explanation? If so, I'll add it later, just tell me, and sorry for the short post))
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

((sure, man. I'll handle the "old, horse man." :/))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:02 pm

((I'll make the new thread once James responds Smile ))
Back to top Go down
James Smith
Son of Athena
James Smith

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:09 am

OOC: Sorry for the small post, writers block and lack of muse ATM.

IC:

Jim follows Frank down the hill and listens as he explain more about the whole situation, nodding at times that seemed most appropriate. Tom follows closely behind his friend, ready to jump in and explain something in more detail if his friend asks. As Frank finishes his speech Jim shakes his head, he'd rather ask Tom questions if he had any, not some guy he just met. Though he was curious to meet Dionysus and Chiron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Arrival (Open)   The New Arrival (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Arrival (Open)
Page 1 of 1