Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan Freeman
Unclaimed Demigod

Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))   Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Man, Dylan couldn't get a break could he? Just last night he got his stitched removed from the griffin incident and had nasty scars on his forehead and shoulder, and this morning had gotten even more jam-packed with loads of more training now that he didn't have to worry about removing the stitches, it had nearly doubled. This afternoon, things were going to get worse more than likely, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

He went up and ate with the Hermes Cabin as usual, at least he got a small break. After he finished eating he wiped his mouth then looked at the schedule, rock climbing. He found that was always fun because it was challenging, and he found that climbing near lava was actually rather fun, though most found him strange like that. So he went to his cabin and got dressed for the climbing in jeans and a plain white t-shirt that said Legendary on the front. If he remembered correctly he got that shirt because of the show How I Met Your Mother and he always liked Barney's speak of Legendary, not to mention Dylan had the same last name as the character.

Dylan filed in a line with the rest of the cabin and headed towards the wall, its menacing stare watching them as they approached, and they wouldn't stop anything if you were near death. If you died on the wall they just acted like a normal camper died in a fight, Dylan had to admit, that was the strange thing about the camp, if you die training, they grieve for a night then you are pretty much forgotten.

He watched as some new kids barely made it while satyrs made it to the top easily. Stupid goats, Dylan thought jokingly. Finally it was his turn so he put on climbing gloves and started climbing, he could feel the heat and the wall closing. Not to mention the boulder that just fell past his face, causing him to push against the wall. Then he resumed climbing again, foothold after foothold, sometimes jumping in between the footholds, one time slipping and nearly falling to his death, but he quickly recovered.

He got to the top about 3 minutes before the wall completely closed, killing anyone who could be inside it, thankfully no one was, it hadn't happened in 2 years from what he had heard. He went to the other side then and started rappelling down the side to the ground, with another kid next to him doing the same. When Dylan got to the bottom he unhooked himself and took off his gloves and stood back and watched as experienced demigods made it while inexperienced had singed arm hairs. He remembered the time when that happened to him often, he smiled to himself at that.

All of a sudden another kid came up from behind him and said, "That was some pretty nice climbing up there. When you slipped I think everyone caught there breath." Dylan didn't realize that people paid THAT much attention to him and that they freaked out when he slipped, he didn't even think he did that well. "Well, when the circumstances are if you fail you die, you work harder and do your best." he said, partially serious, partially jokingly. "For instance, if I was faced with rock climbing and I wasn't in immediate danger of death, I would be sucking, but like when I climbed, jumping from foothold to foothold, I wouldn't have done that under normal circumstances. Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, Dylan, unclaimed." he said shaking the person's hand. He wanted to smack himself for rambling and not introducing himself, but he thought that the person would live. The way his day was going he truly was climbing to chaos.
Back to top Go down
LaraWillis
Daughter of Nemesis
LaraWillis

PostSubject: Re: Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))   Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Lara did not want to get up that morning. She hadn't been able to sleep, which, although wasn't very uncommon, had been especially annoying because she had been training the whole day, and really wanted to sleep. Now, after finally falling asleep, she'd had to get up after only a mere hour's worth of sleep. She just knew it was going to be a bad day.

Her prediction seemed to be coming true; at breakfast one of the other Hermes Cabin members had knocked into her, and sent her whole breakfast, which consisted of oatmeal, OJ, and strawberry jam toast, careening all over her. Then, on the way back to the cabin to change, she'd tripped over a rock and into mud. Upon returning to her bunk, she'd found that one of the other cabin members had stolen her hair brush, and her blanket. She had gotten into the shower only to realize that someone had emptied her shampoo bottle and replaced it with hair bleach. Luckily, she'd realized that before she had put it on. By the time she was completely changed and ready for the day, again, she was ready to murder someone.

By the time she managed to get back to the Mess Hall, breakfast was just about to be over. She sat down at the corner seat, and looked at her schedule. Rock climbing was first. It would be. Of course, what else would the Fates put first? She thought sarcastically. Though she liked to climb trees, she was deathly afraid of heights. It's why she stayed in the lower part of the tree. Of course rock climbing would be on her schedule. She looked down at her outfit---black jeans, black hiking boots, a dark red T-Shirt that said "Bite Me", and her usual black fingerless gloves---and figured they were good enough to climb in.

She followed the rest of the cabin to the wall, and watched as cabin member after cabin member went through. The news kids came out singed and sometimes bleeding, but for the most part, at least for today, none of them were seriously injured. The satyrs made it look easy, scampering up the wall like it was a daily stroll through the garden. She watched as one camper, a boy, probably about her age, climb the wall. He seemed pretty good, hugging the wall when a boulder toppled down, finding footholds easily enough. There was a moment there when Lara thought that two year record of no deaths at the Rock Wall was going to be broken as he lost his foot hold and started to fall, but he recovered and began to climb again. He made it to the top with time to spare, and Lara watched as he rappel down the side of the mountain.

Too soon it was Lara's turn. She slipped the climbing gloves over her own, and set her hand against the wall. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and began to climb. The heat from the lava made her sweat, and she was lucky that she had gloves on. She made herself focus only on the hand and foot holds. Then, halfway up the mountain, she suddenly found that there were no more near her. She'd half to jump to reach the next one. Lara cursed under her breath. Stupid wall, stupid camp, stupid handholds! Don't look down, don't look down, don't look---Lara looked down. The ground was far away, and she swooned. Oh no. She thought. Oh Hades. The walls were closing in quickly, and she knew she had to act fast. Swallowing her nausea and fear, she launched herself over the side, reaching out for the handhold. Her fingers brushed it, and then she began to fall. She slammed her hands against the wall, searching for a handhold. With a jerk that nearly tore her arm out of its socket, she found one. Pumped on adrenaline and battle instincts now, she began to scamper up the wall. There was a moment when a boulder raced past her that she thought she was going to get crushed, but she made it though. Finally, a minute and a half before the walls slammed shut, she pulled herself over the top. She quickly got to her feet, and breathed a sigh of relief. Lara looked out over the edge, but quickly wrenched herself away. She hooked herself up, and rappelled down the wall, focusing on calming her nerves and her stomach. She nearly kissed the ground upon landing. She eagerly unhooked her self, and handed her gloves to the satyr standing guard.

Lara began to walk away when she saw the guy she had watched climb the wall and another camper talking. She walked forward until she could hear their conversation. "That was some pretty nice climbing up there. When you slipped I think
everyone caught there breath." the camper said. "Well, when the circumstances are if you fail you die, you work harder and do your best." the boy said. "For instance, if I was faced with rock climbing and I wasn't in immediate danger of death, I would be sucking, but like when I climbed, jumping from foothold to foothold, I wouldn't have done that under normal circumstances. Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, Dylan, unclaimed." the boy added. So, Lara thought, his name was Dylan. He was almost a foot taller than she was, yet it seemed to her that he was a bit younger than she was. Suddenly, someone shoved her from behind, and she toppled forward, right towards Dylan and the other camper.
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))   Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN)) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 am

((I'll wait for another post, you gave me nothing to respond too, lol))
Back to top Go down
https://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))   Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Climbing to Chaos ((PG-13, just in case, OPEN))
Page 1 of 1