Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On Guard ((OPEN))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 am

Frank stood at the top of the Hill next to Thalia's tree, looking down on the valley below him. He was clad in armor, complete with a helmet, with his sword in hand and his bow on his back. He was mainly standing there on the lookout for any new demigods. He was fairly new as well, and unclaimed, though he hoped that would change. Rarely monsters would appear, and they wouldn't get in either, knowing that the borders were protected. He could let one in, but decided not too.

He was getting tired of standing, so he walked towards the tree, and sat down in its shade. It didn't help that the armor made things around 20 degrees hotter than it already was, and it was hot enough, the shade was nice. He sat his sword next to him and looked off towards the bottom, he had to greet new campers since he was on guard, and help them if they were being chased by monsters.

He sat there wondering, Who is my dad? Is he one of the Big Three? Is he Hermes? Apollo? Hephaestus? Dionysus? Gods, I hope not. Maybe he is a minor god. Frank then heard footsteps behind him, so he glanced behind him, seeing a demigod coming towards him, so he called out in a friendly tone, "Hey! This is Frank! What are you doing!" He stood up and faced the demigod.

((Sorry for short post, no muse...))
Back to top Go down
https://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Alexander was around the Armory at night, he had an attraction to weapons, he had always loved them. He had gotten all the nerf toys, and a bunch of pellet guns, even a sniper for a pellet gun. But Alexander loved weapons to show them off and to wield them. He found it cowardly to use a gun, because you could zoom in, and it would go so fast, the person wouldn't have a chance. A bow and Arrow was good, you would need good skill to get to your target, and a blade would be good, if your opponent wielded one too. One time during a sword play class, he had left his opponent unamred, he remebered what his one of his masters from Japan, out in the woods in Kyoto. His masters had shown him the ways of the Samurai, and his master had told him 'It is cowardly to fight an unarmed person. And if you were to dispose of them while unarmed, it would bring great shame.'

Alex looked back at the memory. His last sword, that had the name Alexander in Greek, had been broken, or he was sure. He had givem it to a Heaphestus kid to fix it. He was on his way to pick it up. On his way he had found, a bunch of weapons, Axes, daggers, silletos, and bows and Arrows. Alex decided to take a spare quiver at least 15 arrows, and a old wooden bow. As he fixed up his sword, he walked out and found it to be night. He left his things in his little corner in the Hermes Cabin. Alex still was full of energy, and he decided he would go running for a while, he took a jog around the camp untill he saw another boy, who looked a bit younger than him, "Hey! This is Frank! What are you doing?"

Alex stopped and walked towards the kid, "Hey, I'm Alex, I was just taking a jog around, I know it's past the time and we're supposed to be in the cabin, but I couldn't sleep."
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm

"Hey, I'm Alex, I was just taking a jog around, I know it's past the time and we're supposed to be in the cabin, but I couldn't sleep." Alex said. Frank was wondering what was wrong, "Um, it is the middle of the day, I don't know what you are thinking, unless you are nocturnal." He leaned down and picked up his sword off of the ground and sheathed it. He took his helmet off then, and put it under his arm, sweat beading his face, from the hot armor and the sun.

"I am Frank, as I said, unclaimed. I see your name is Alex, what is your status, claimed or unclaimed?" Frank glanced behind him just to check to make sure no one appeared, which was very unlikely. "I have time to chat, as you see I am on border patrol, boring as heck."

"I am from Denver, Colorado, I am used to the mountains so this is different. So where are you from? Are from around the New York City area, or what? I run cross country, play golf, basketball, baseball, track, and watch football and stuff, do you do any sports?" he asked, trying to stir up a conversation, border patrol was so boring unless you actually met a new camper or had to fight a monster. He was mad that his father had ignored him all of this time, but he guessed it was okay that he had powers or that he could fight monsters, kind of like a zombie apocalypse that a bunch of teenagers prepare for that never happens, but this one does. He also had met some new friends here and stuff, if he didn't die because of being a demigod, it wasn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Alex took of his glasses, which were really dark shades. "These Shades are the problem," Alex said, chucking them out of the border. "Last time I pay a thousand dollars for cruddy shades." He said, he now saw that it was clearly day.

Frank told Alex that he was unclaimed. "Yeah, I am too. And I understand, watching eternall nothingness for a long time can get boring, but at times also peacfull, ya digg?" Alex said.

"I am from Denver, Colorado, I am used to the mountains so this is different. So where are you from? Are from around the New York City area, or what? I run cross country, play golf, basketball, baseball, track, and watch football and stuff, do you do any sports?" Frank said, Now, this kids telling me his lifes story. But it dosen't matter, now that I realize it's day, I have time. Alex thought. "I'm from Gijon, Spain. I'm used to living in little towns, and being richer than everybody. But the ten years I've lived in Queens, the Bronx, and then Manhattan. I to Parkour, all tipes of martial arts, swordplay, Archery, spear throwing, play basketball, soccer, and track. I also Sing, write music, and break dance." He said feeling weird, as he had just told Frank, his life story.
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:48 pm

"These Shades are the problem, ast time I pay a thousand dollars for cruddy shades." Alex said, "I have to ask, why would you throw away $1000 sunglasses? And where would you get them?" "Yeah, I am too. And I understand, watching eternall nothingness for a long time can get boring, but at times also peacfull, ya digg?" Alex said. "It can get boring, but it can be rather interesting as well, and I don't speak like that 'ya digg,' sorry." He didn't care if he upset him about not speaking that way, he found it strange and weird.

"I'm from Gijon, Spain. I'm used to living in little towns, and being richer than everybody. But the ten years I've lived in Queens, the Bronx, and then Manhattan. I to Parkour, all tipes of martial arts, swordplay, Archery, spear throwing, play basketball, soccer, and track. I also Sing, write music, and break dance." the Alex kid had said, well, the parkour and break dancing explains the language. "So your from Spain? That is interesting, and what position do you play in basketball? I play guard, you could say I am pretty decent at it. What event do you run in track as well? I run the 2 mile and the mile, I also run the 100m Dash. I'll let you ask the questions now." Frank said, feeling as though he was giving the demigod to much information and asking too much. It wasn't bad to give him some information, but his near whole life-story was a little to much. Oh well, I'll let him do the talking now, and me do the answering, I can learn that way as well.

((Short post again, sorry))
Back to top Go down
Evie Nightingale
Daughter of Hecate
Evie Nightingale

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Dionysus! God of Wine, Insanity and Everyone's Favorite Camp Director!

Dionysus was a good parent. Though there was a very low opinion of him around camp thanks to his sulking, inability and plain refusal to learn demigods names, and short temper, he actually wasn’t all too bad. Well, he thought he wasn’t anyways. In fact, over the years he had grown a bit of a soft spot for the demigods at camp and the camp itself. Zeus however would never know about this soft spot, showing he actually cared about the camp would only get him stuck there longer than he needed to. The wine god cursed himself for chasing the nature spirit, for getting stuck on earth while all the other gods partied on Olympus.

Of course, like many gods Dionysus had strayed during his time on earth. He had managed to escape camp several times and each time he had a child of his was born. He had watched them grow up from afar, and when they needed his assistance he would help and guide them to camp where he would pretend not to know them, insult them a little and then send them to cabin eleven. Now as he sat in his chair on the porch of the big house, a can of coke in his hand and his ghastly tiger shirt on, he found himself thinking of his children. Both the claimed and unclaimed. His son Castor had being killed in the great battle of Olympus, he wondered if Pollux felt lonely now, he become discreetly protective of the boy since his brother’s death. He hadn’t claimed anyone in a while even though one of his sons had recently arrived at camp. Maybe it was time to change that.

Dionysus got up slowly with a sigh. His purple eyes flickered around the camp as he put his coke can down on the table. And then he just…disappeared.

He reappeared in a purple grape smelling mist atop half-blood hill. His son was there along with another demigod. Dionysus would have preferred to do this without a spectator, but he was there now and so he had to get it over with. “Frank Desmond,” he said lazily, “I claim you as a son of Dionysus.” A wave of his hand a hologram of a bunch of grapes appeared above his sons head. Another wave and a keychain with a bunch of grapes on it landed at the young demigods feet. “That will turn into your weapon of choice. Don’t let it fall into the wrong hands. If anyone other than a Dionysus child attempts to wield that weapon they shall become temporarily insane. Have fun, my son. And do try not to get killed, my cabin is awfully empty right now.” With that the god disappeared, off to a meeting in mount Olympus.

((Sorry if you hate me for this Frank. If you reallly don't want to be claimed by him I'll remove it and come back in a few months after other people have been claimed....or Thomas can claim you next time Razz ))

Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 am

While Frank was thinking about his conversation and paying attention to Alex Jones, a smell of grapes entered the air. Dionysus then appeared in a purple grape smelling mist atop half-blood hill. Frank was about to ask why he was there, but before he could start he started talking “Frank Desmond.” he said lazily, he got my name right? Am I getting claimed? Dionysus continued, answering his question,“I claim you as a son of Dionysus.” A wave of his hand a hologram of a bunch of grapes appeared above his sons head. Another wave and a keychain with a bunch of grapes on it landed at Frank's feet. “That will turn into your weapon of choice. Don’t let it fall into the wrong hands. If anyone other than a Dionysus child attempts to wield that weapon they shall become temporarily insane. Have fun, my son. And do try not to get killed, my cabin is awfully empty right now.” With that his father disappeared, his father.

Frank didn't know what to do, his dad lived with him at camp, but he had ignored him for so long. He didn't care about that at the moment, all he knew is that he knew his father, and an advantage to it was the Camp Director would remember his name (not that big, but something most campers didn't get the chance of), and he would actually care about Frank. He had heard of the stories of how he was super upset when his child had died in the Battle for Olympus.

Frank looked down and picked up the key chain Dionysus had given him. He wanted it to become a sword, so it turned into a long, celestial bronze sword that fit Frank perfectly. He then made it become a bow and arrow, and it did. He then put it in his pocket, he would name it later that night. "I know who my father is, and he lives near me. I guess that solves who my father is. Don't worry Alex, yours will show up eventually and claim you." He still couldn't believe it, Dionysus, god of insanity and grapes. "Dionysus!" Frank exclaimed. "That magic weapon he gave me is pretty cool too. It can be anything, and those who get it who aren't my siblings will go insane, pretty clever. Then again, the gods can do anything and they have time to devise up that stuff to protect us."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jones
Son of Baubos
Alexander Jones

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 am

As Alex talked to the boy, Dyonisus had popped up, and claimed Frank. THANK GODS! Alex thought his mind. There was no way he wanted to be claimed by Mr. D. Not the fact that he didn't want to know he was adopted by his Mortal dad. But by the fact that he didn't want a drunk to be his father. But he didn't say anything to Frank. More or less, he was happy for frank.

"I know who my father is, and he lives near me. I guess that solves who my father is. Don't worry Alex, yours will show up eventually and claim you."

As Alex was leaping with joy inside his head that he wasn't Diyonisus' Son. He listened to Frank and said, "Yeah, I know, I'm patient I can wait."

"That magic weapon he gave me is pretty cool too. It can be anything, and those who get it who aren't my siblings will go insane, pretty clever. Then again, the gods can do anything and they have time to devise up that stuff to protect us."

Alex thought for a moment. Insanity huh? He thought. Alex had always wondered what it was like to be insane. He had a list for everything he had done in his life. So he could take notes, and examen life. See it in different forms. He was already accused of being insane. Alex didn't think so.

"Can I try to use it? I've always wanted to se what's it like to be insane."

Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 am

"Can I try to use it? I've always wanted to see what's it like to be insane." Alex asked, Frank taken by surprise, responded firmly, "No. I don't want to deal with an insane demigod right now and you don't want to be insane." Frank was trying to be nice and save the demigod from insanity, though he knew that he could make him slightly insane if he felt like it.

Frank then looked up and realized that his guard shift was done. "Alex, I'm going to go move in to my cabin now, my shift is over. I'll see you around." Frank said and started walking down the hill with the grass seeming to get greener as he neared them. He then realized that he needed to shed his armor and return it, along with his sword and bow. So he sat back down, and took off his helmet and armor, revealing his sweat drenched Half-Blood Hill t-shirt underneath and shorts. He then slung the armor over his back and headed towards the armory.

He walked over to the armory and returned his armor and donated his bow and arrows and sword, he didn't need them anymore. He pulled out his key chain gift that his father had given him, it could turn into any weapon. I wonder if it could be a gun... it immediately turned into a pistol, good for mortal self-defense, he switched it back into the grape key chain, and looked around and breathed a sigh of relief, seeing that no one saw him do that.

After Frank had returned his armor and weapons, he headed towards the cabins, more specifically, #11. He opened the door to his home for the last month and walked in, saying hi to those in there. He grabbed his belongings and turned around when someone asked him, "Did you get claimed?" He responded, "Yes, I did, I am the son of Dionysus." They all said their congratulations and he headed out the door, looking back and getting a last glimpse of the cabin for a while.

((Frank is out, sorry for the short thread))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Guard ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Guard ((OPEN))   On Guard ((OPEN)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Guard ((OPEN))
Page 1 of 1