Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Empty
PostSubject: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 am

Eowyn rolled her eyes at her adoptive parents as they promised her to pick her up after the summer, how they would miss her and how she had to write to them every once in a while. "Yeah yeah, you'll miss me and love me and all that. Just move on to the kissing and hugging so I actually get passed the border before dinner." Eowyn said, feeling a bit irritated. She wasn't really looking forward to this special camp. The last time they'd tried something special hadn't ended too well for either of them. Eowyn tied a knot into her wires and untied it, as she sometimes did as she was nervous. It was on of the shorter pieces, as the longest wires she had was in the suitcase she had with her.

"I'll be fine!" Eowyn said and pushed her mom away as she tried to get another hug. "I don't need twenty hugs to survive summer, thank you very much, I'll see you when this camp thing is over." She said and walked away, dragging the suitcase with her. She loved her parents, she just didn't show it in the way they did. She found their way to be rather annoying and way to affectionate. With a sigh and another eyeroll she walked up the hill, not bothering to look back as she passed over it. They'd be fine and so would she, no matter what kind of crazy camp this would turn out to be.

When she passed the protective borders and the pine tree, Eowyn looked around properly. She spotted a bunch of cabins in the distance and somebody standing close by. Since her parents and teachers were behind her, the person there was the best person to get Eowyn settled in one of the many cabins and give her a clue about the camp she was at. It sounded like a good idea but Eowyn wasn't too fond of making introductions. She didn't really have a choice though and so with a sigh, she walked up to the person, still dragging her suitcase. "Hello there. Mind showing me around for a bit?" The girl asked kindly. "I'm new." She said with a shrug. She hoped they wouldn't judge her, as she was wearing one of her typical gothic outfits along with the usual make up, although not the amount most of her friends in the scene wore.
Back to top Go down
http://olympiagames.forumotion.com/
Shan Cinna
Daughter of Eos
Shan Cinna

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:23 am

Shan's mind was filled of nothing but Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon... Also known as the band Queen. She was listening to them on her iPod Nano, nodding her head to the music. She loved this particular song she was listening to. The voices of Freddie Mercury and David Bowie in the song Under Pressure live at Wembley all those years ago. It was the beat that got her nodding. Her green eyes were closed and her black Punk Fairy jacket hood was shielding the top of her face from the sun. Her white Iron Fist "I Fought The Law" Rocker Tee was in plain view from beneath the unzipped black jacket. She had paired it with her Iron Fist Annie's Lament skinny jeans. Somehow, randomly, she'd put on a pair of red ballet pumps to go with this ensemble.

Nodding her head, she didn't know that she was being asked a question until one of her ear buds popped out and Shan heard the end of the girl's question. "-Around for a bit?" asked the girl as Shan eyed her. Shan liked her clothing style. It reminded her of home. The girl went on to explain. "I'm new."

Shan shrugged and brought her hood from out of her face and scraped her fringe from her eyes. "Show you around? No problem. I'm Shan, by the way. Shan Cinna. What's your name?"

She allowed herself to grin a little, hearing the real world in one ear and the world of Queen in the other. No wrong, no right. I'm gonna tell you there's no black and no white- wait. These are Queen lyrics. Duh! That's what I'm listening to...
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Relieved the girl didn't seem to judge her at the first second, Eowyn smiled at her. "I'm Eowyn. Eowyn Oppedyk. Nice to meet you." She said with a nervous smile. She liked the girls name but Cinna made her think of the Hunger Games and Katniss' stylist. She had liked the character and hadn't been too happy about what Suzanne Collins had done to him. Yet she wouldn't let that spoil her arrival at camp, the possible lack of wires would do that for her soon enough. She looked around for a bit again, rather curious about the nature of this camp. She thought she saw some kids running by in battle armour and her eyes widened. Her gaze followed the kids wearing actual armour and carrying weapons. She blinked a few times to convince herself she wasn't sleeping. She turned her attention back to Shan, who was dressed in relatively normal clothes, if you didn't count the bad in. They weren't mainstream, Eowyn knew that much. Eowyn usually only listened to two bands who were all guys apart from two (rather hot) female lead singers.

Diverting herself from that rather distractive train of thought she voice the question on her mind. "What kind of camp is this? Were those actually kids running around is armour?" She asked curiously. If they got caught on an electric fence they'd be baked properly in a matter of seconds, a very interesting thought to Eowyn. Metal was a good conductor, although metal plates less than wires. Too much resistance in the thick plates. Which made her wonder, yet again, if they had some wires around. "Hey, do you know if there are any wires around? You know, electrical wires?" She asked motioning to the few coils she carried on her belt. If only they had wires, thing might not be so bad after all. She waited patiently for the answer while making sure her wires were all there and straightning he little frilly lace dress again. She wanted to look some sort of nice when arriving to meet the people who she'd be teamed up with for camp activities, although she still wasn't really sure what in the world those were supposed to be. So she waited silently for the girl to answer her question, not expecting the answers she was sure to get. After all, Eowyn had no clue about her demigod heritage.
Back to top Go down
Shan Cinna
Daughter of Eos
Shan Cinna

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 am

"What kind of camp is this? Were those actually kids running around is armour?" she asked and Shan laughed.

"You don't know? Welcome to Camp Halfblood, home of demigods. This place is safe," Shan told her, taking the second ear bud out and stashing her iPod nano away in a pocket inside the arm of her jacket. She had no idea what that pocket was really for but she stowed her iPod in there often.

"And if you want more information on that, we have an informational video for new people ," Shan said. "Chiron or Mr D has it, I think. I don't know. It's all cheesey and crap."

Shan reached down and adjusted her red ballet slippers. Honestly. Some of the new people should be told where they are heading. Among how dangerous life can get on the outside.

"What kind of camp is this? Were those actually kids running around is armour?" Eowyn said and Shan shrugged.

"Maybe in the Hepheastus cabin. I don't know. Possibly in the Hermes cabin. Depends on which type of wires," Shan shrugged. Why does she need wires?
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm

"Demigods? As in, insane people who have enough hubris to think they are related to gods?" Eowyn asked sceptically. "Why in the world did they kick me here?" Eowyn muttered under her breath. She was just an ordinary girl and there was nothing godly about her. Well, she was here now and Shan seemed to believe what they told her. Eowyn raised her eyebrow when Shan mentioned Chiron and 'Mr. D'. To Eowyn it sounded like a roleplay acted out by peopl way to old for that sort of thing. And Mr. D just sounded like a rapper with those saggy pants and such. A delicate shudder later Eowyn was hearing something about the Hephaestus and Hermes cabins. "And which nutjob decides which God I am most like? Or do you base it on some stupid personality test?" Eowyn asked before her attention went back to her wires.

"I'm after electric wires. Burn all the machines around it for all I care but keep the wires alive. I like playing with electricity. It's a hobby of mine, please don't tell me there is a god of Nutters because I've never been in a mental institution yet and I have no intentions of going to one either." She said, looking toward the cabins. Well, she could see they were all extremely different now, and multiple had a Greek building style. That and several of the names the girl had given made her place her bets on Greek Gods role play. These people needed the wires in their brains sorted.
Back to top Go down
Shan Cinna
Daughter of Eos
Shan Cinna

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 am

"And which nutjob decides which God I am most like? Or do you base it on some stupid personality test?" Eowyn asked and turned her attention went back to her wires, Shan smirking.

"Oh, you really think this is fake, don't you? You'll get eaten alive," Shan laughed. When she mentioned a god of "Nutters" and mental institutions. "And there is a goddess of so called nutters and she is called Mania. And you want wires then Hepheastus cabin. I think you'd be best talking to Chiron if I'm honest. He can tell you all you need to know."

Shan started fidgetting with her hands, imaginary lines of dialogue running through her mind. All the things to tell this girl and SHan was thinking of story lines and characters and dialogue? She stopped fidgetting and smirked at the new girl. "You look smart. I'm sure you'll fit right in."
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:20 am

"Actually, I know this is fake." Eowyn said with a straight face. "I've never even met a divinity and I don't intend to meet one either. And Chiron sounds like some old bald guy who needs to get out more." Eowyn said, not really accepting the fact she might be making a fool of herself. "Mania, sounds absolutely parental. Just like the cripple guy. Although I suppose he's cool enough if he's the one in charge of the wiring around here." Eowyn said with a shrug. She liked Shan, she really did but Eowyn just isn't an easy person at the best of times. That perfectly built wall around her was near impossible to break through and so only one person had managed it so far and that was Bella.

Eowyn rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'll fit right in. Just so you know, I have never fit in anywere, I doubt this will be much of a change." She said with a sigh, having accepted the fact she was different many times over. She grabbed one of her wires and tied it into a miniature noose. "Fitting in and hanging out." She said, dangling the wire in front of her face. "Such difficult choices." She said wit ha sigh and lowered the wire again. It would be fine, in a while. Everything worked out if you gave it enough time.
Back to top Go down
Shan Cinna
Daughter of Eos
Shan Cinna

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:52 am

Shan laughed. "If you still think it's fake by the end of the week, you'll be eaten alive. Possibly literally too," Shan told her. "And Chiron is a centaur. Mr D is the god Dionysus and believe me, none of us, not even him, want him here. But this is Zeus' punishment for him going after some forbidden nymph or something and he's stuck here.Bit harsh if you ask me. I mean, the big guy could have just made him sit on a rock and have his liver eaten everyday for a few hundred years instead. Like that Promtheus dude."

She watched the wires. "And Mr D is the only god in camp. You want to talk to the cabin councillor for wires. I could take you there if you want. But I suggest talking to Chiron first."
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

"But they still don't exist. Mr. D is a rapper and Chiron is an old balding dude who's a little too fond of role playing. Oh, and everybody here is either drunk or on some sort of pot. But have it your way, me eaten. I've been fried before so I doubt it'll make much difference." Eowyn said, rolling her eyes. "And if this is punishment he should try an electricution once a day." Eowyn said and she laughed. Normal people had told her not to joke about such things but when she said she knew what it felt like they usually shut up quick enough. She sighed and looked at the cabin area again with a calculating look. She could just go along and see how serious the people took this game and skip meeting the big people around. People would probably report her to him anyway and she thought it was good to start off on a rebellious note when she was at a camp where she clearly didn't belong.

"Let's just speak with the head council-guy. I'll meet the wine dude and he horse later, if at all. I'm not much for introduction, unless people figure out a way to make elektricity itself talk, I also dislike machines despite my love for wires." Eowyn said with a sly smile. She did like Shan, even though she thought a wire or two might be loose in her brain. With a grin she imagined what Bella would say to her next letter. It would probably make her think that her best friend had gone insane. Well, who knows what good things might come off that?

((I'll add the coding later, too lazy now))
Back to top Go down
Shan Cinna
Daughter of Eos
Shan Cinna

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 am

"Are you sure? I don't even know his name. Big burly guy with muscles," Shan said. "Good with machines, designs and people although I'm a little scared to go find out about the latter."

Eowyn was going to be fine. But being a little more prepped to go see anything demigodish would be more useful to her. Shan shook her head. "First, tell me. Is there anything that could prove that we're demigods here? Wasn't the dragon guarding the tree enough for you? Automaton dragons aren't good at breathing like Peleus."

Shan pointed into the distance to the sleeping dragon guarding Thalia's pine tree.
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Eowyn smiled. "Yes, I'm very sure. I have found out that most people who are good with machines are by far more gentle than one might expect. It's the people who wack machines in hopes to get them to work that you need to watch out for." Eowyn said, remembering the people at the robotics school. Most of them had been very quiet and introvert but they were very nice. Yet still Eowyn didn't fit in, not being that big on the machines. Yet all the people had come to her when they had trouble with the electricity in their projects. Eowyn had never been that popular before, which was sort of funny to her.

Eowyn looked back at the dragon with a shrug. "I'm halucinating. I knew there was something wrong with the chicken I had for breakfast." She said. "Just accept the fact that I don't want to be convinced. I'm not in the mood to have my life turned upside down so I think I'll just be blissfully ignorant for the coming period of time." She said casually, and very pointedly ignoring the dragon by the tree. She could manage being around here if only she ignored all the weirdness and didn't have any interacting with Mr. D and the horse dude. If she didn't see magic, she could not believe in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.   Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stepped from a fairytale into a bittersweet reality.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Percy Jackson RPG :: Camp Half-Blood :: Half-Blood Hill-
Jump to: