Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Persephone

PostSubject: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:53 am

Persephone breathed in the warm air. A lot had transpired since Aphrodite announced her pregnancy with her husband's child. As angry as the goddess was, she was using her time on earth to its fullest. The goddess was wondering around a flower filled park, helping the flowers bloom a it more, the petals seem brighter. She took pride in her work.

A patch of sunflowers faced the sun yet leaned toward her, desperate for energy. Chuckling, Persephone touched the petals. The flowers steadily grew taller and stronger. Breathing in the scent of the flowers, Persephone found a park bench and looked around at the gardens.

OOC: PG 13 for safety.

APRHODITE! I HEART YOU! THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY WONDERFUL BANNERS!
Persephone: Green chatter.
Prosperina: Olive chatter.
Both forms: Italic thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 am

Summer Time in LA

He was tired; of his fellow deities, of the mortals, and of basically anything that moved. He didn't know why, and he didn't have a profound reason, but he was tired. 'Twas a strange thing for him to want to be alone, as Apollo prided himself in being quite social and upbeat, despite what his inerly emotions actually were. Either way, he had tried to withdraw in numerous places around the world (some which he now held grudges against ), but had eventually settled in Los Angeles. True, there were a lot of people bustling throughout the city, but the memorial parks and such were abandoned. Or at least, the one he seemed most drawn to was. 

There were a little too many flowers for his taste, though he didn't really mind them all that much, and admittedly they did smell good. And, looking at them in closer aspect, they seemed a bit taller, stronger, and all together more pure than most earth plants. Shrugging it off without a second thought, the God glanced up ahead with absent blue eyes, plucking at the single gold bangle around his wrist and sighing inwardly. Flowers, tall flowers, pretty flowers... Pretty flowers in summer, only ever summer. Apollo thought, almost in a delusional state, stopping abruptly when he reached a patch of sunflowers, smiling cynically. How ironic that his favourite flower was the sunflower. Haha. Scrubbing his hand through already messy blonde hair, he sidestepped around the yellow flowers, frowning delicately ahead.

There sat a woman on a bench with her back turned him. And even though he couldn't see her face, he had a strong suspicion about who it was. True, he had come here looking for peace and quiet, but now his curiosity got the best of him, and he walked towards the dark haired Goddess without a sound. Halting silently when the bench blocked his path, he leaned against it's wooden back and stared ahead with a neutral expression, features wiped clean of their usual humor. "Persephone." He murmured gently, quietly, still averting his gaze.

~Graphics by my reject of a sister <3~

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fernsparrow.deviantart.com/
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am

Persephone jumped at the sound of a man's voice saying her name. All those many eons ago, the same thing had happened. The only difference being that Hades had kidnapped her as Core in her mother's garden. The voice was not Hades' but it did have a gloom to it that Persephone knew on instinct should not have been there.

The goddess of flowers turned and smiled at Apollo. "Hello, Apollo," she greeted and nodded her head in respect for the god. The flowers immediately near by wilted a little as she asked, "What brings you here? Has my husband's oh so spectacular news driven you insane, too?"

Persephone felt she was right to have a grudge against Hades. He made her feel useless, ugly and more of a trophy than a person. She was not a walking talking object. She was not an object all together. Persephone was a goddess and as such demanded respect. But none of this would be spoken out loud. No. Persephone was too careful to complain. Instead, she gave a serene smile and watched the world play by.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:30 am

At Persephone's start, he shied away slightly, physically wincing at the innocent action. It was funny how simple movements could spike memories that were better left alone. Well, not really funny as much as slightly sardonic, but still. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, Apollo pulled himself together, finally fixating his eyes on the goddess.

"Hello, Apollo," She said with a smile, dipping her head as, he assumed, a sign of respect. He returned the nod, though only the ghost of a smile flitted briefly across his face. Her next words did make him laugh, ever so slightly, when they were spoken. "What brings you here? Has my husband's oh so spectacular news driven you insane, too?"

Insane? Not really, though sometimes he did question his mental stability. No, the 'news' just made him feel completely resigned. Sometimes he wondered that, if he could, would he give up his immortality and all it's... perks? Probably not, as he didn't know how to live any other way. But, granted, that didn't mean he didn't hate it at times, especially when melodramatic situations took up all his time. Frankly, every little problem that happened between the gods seemed to play over and over in his mind, for unknown reasons, it seemed. Oppose to driving him insane, though, this whole ordeal gave him a migraine.

"Honestly, it just gives me headache." Apollo started, slowly, before pausing and giving the goddess a meaningful look. He couldn't imagine how she felt, having been forced against her will to marry a man whom she now had to stand and watch have an affair with another diety. Before he continued he walked around to the other side of the bench, sitting down stiffly and sighing."And how are you... I mean, this whole thing must- I just mean that I'm sorry, this whole thing must be horrible for you." He stuttered, trying to find the right words, and failing miserably. If there was one thing he was horrible at, it was hosting serious conversations, no matter how he tried.

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 pm

She turned toward Apollo and gently placed a hand on his knee. The flowers near by slowly came back to life. "It's horrible... But I'm dealing with it. I mean, I kind of have to. I wish it never was this way but I can't change what has been done. Not that Hades cares."

She pulled her hand back and leaned forward. "It sometimes amazes me how much Hades doesn't care. He claims to love me and turns around to do something that completely... As you can imagine..."

She glanced at the god of the sun. Sitting back, she breathed in the air around them. The breeze was cool and refreshing against her skin. Everything was completely calm and serene. For the first time in a while, Persephone was calm. She was a little bitter, but she wasn't angry. She chuckled and looked at Apollo. "I suppose this whole thing is funny. Aphrodite offered to take me shopping. And by that, I know she means hunt a man down to have my own affair with. She just adores that sort of thing..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:08 pm

At her touch he blinked, slightly surprised but all the same staying where he was. Despite his distracted state of mind, he did manage to listen intently to her words, frowning almost thoughtfully when she was done. "I'm sure he cares... Well, cares as much as the extent of his actual feelings go, but still."

She then proceded to take away her hand, and he noticed shamefully that it had comforted him a bit more than he would have liked to admit. Her next words he almost couldn't find a reply to, mainly because he couldn't exactly imagine. Really, he hadn't often had affairs with other dieties, nor had he actually considered it, so he was basically useless for comfort at this point. "Well, he loved you enough to kidnap you." Had he really just said that? "What I mean is that he keeps you... down there for a reason, and it's because you have something that the other goddesses don't have; his love. Face it, if he had the same feelings for Aphrodite, she'd be the one locked in hell."

And then she laughed, and he couldn't help but smile, though he didn't exactly see what was funny. Did women, immortal or not, really go shopping so that they could find random men to deceive their husbands with? Strange. "Shopping." He stated, feeling a sudden dislike of the word. "Well, I don't see why not, as you have every right to, but I don't know if I'd let Aphrodite help you, because it's going to take a couple solar cycles until she finds one that she approves of for you. Wow, wasn't he just an artist with words today. "Okay, no, that came out wrong as well." Maybe he should just not speak today, as every second thing came out wrong, and everything else made him sound like a therapist.

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 am

She smiled at his words, laughing when he said, "Okay, no, that came out wrong as well."

"I think that sounded pretty, despite what you meant. I don't want to find an affair. If I have one, I'd rather it found me,"
she told him. She smiled at Apollo and then brushed her hair from her eyes. The goddess breathed out and it seemed like all the plant life around her inhaled.

The grass seemed greener and the flowers brighter. New leaves grew on struggling trees and Persephone was completely at peace for the moment. She closed her eyes. "You must honestly favour this place, Apollo. Not once when I've come here has it never been sunny. it's perfect for plants. Especially my flowers."

She didn't really know what else there was to talk to the god about. Sure enough, she come up with plants. She wasn't like her mother and constantly talked about her like of work. She liked to talk about many things, too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 am

She kept smiling, and he wished desperately that she'd stop. Not because it bothered him, smiling suited the goddess well, but because it made him feel skittish. And skittish was not an emotion he appreciated all too much, especially after the whole 'Daphne' ordeal however many millenniums ago. 

"I think that sounded pretty, despite what you meant. I don't want to find an affair. If I have one, I'd rather it found me," As she said this, he blushed. The heat rose to the god's cheeks and he quickly proceeded to drop his gaze, shifting uncomfortably as he tried to regain control of his feelings. Stupid feelings... Sometimes he wished he could just become a sociopath. 

But then she began to speak again, and out of manners he looked back up to her. Luckily, Persephone's eyes were closed, so his dignity was saved for the moment. Trying to keep his tone neutral, he replied smoothly, "Favoritism is something that Zeus has had my head for many times, but I've learned to be discreet. And," He paused, smiling crookedly, " I'm glad you and the... flowers are enjoying your time on earth."

And then he did something that both surprised and shocked him equally. Without thinking he lifted his hand to her face, gently brushing a loose strand of the goddess's hair behind her ear without a sound (not unlike she had done a few minutes ago). Snapping back his hand as if electrocuted, he cursed under his breath, looking shamefully down at the ground. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that...

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am

Persephone opened her eye a fraction and caught his crooked smile. It was cute and certainly looked handsome. The goddess closed her eye again and smiled. "Thank you. I always enjoy being up here. It's so dreary and miserable down in the realm of Hades."

She felt him move her hair behind her ear and opened her eyes to catch his hand dart away quickly. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that..." he said and she shook her head. She didn't mind.

"No. It's OK," she said and smiled at him again. She caught sight of a bird in the distance and watched it for a moment before returning her attention to the god. "It's probably the nicest thing to happen to me for a while, no matter how small..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 pm

"Well, it is the Underworld... It's supposed to suck, I guess. He laughed nervously, self confidence shaken, "Although you'd think that maybe Hades could make the effort to make his own home less gruesome. Not that I tend to go there. Ever." He finished, then frowned at his own words. The only one that frequently visited that place, that he knew of, was Hermes. The god of the sun really didn't belong down underneath the ground, he supposed, but nor did the goddess of flowers.

Oh, and then she spoke about his lapse in judgment. Oops. Staring at his hands as if he had burned them, Apollo glanced back to Persephone, slight uncertainty shimmering in their blue depths. She seemed rather at ease with the whole situation, where he felt half berserk, trying desperately to forget what had just happened in the matter of a few seconds. "That's the problem, Persephone. You don't mind, I didn't mind doing it, and what scares me the most is that I want to do it again."

He said, becoming increasingly frustrated with himself and what he was getting into. Because no matter how he was trying veer away from it, some redundant part of him knew exactly what was going to happen, and what the consequences may or may not be. And then he smiled in a way that didn't appear quite sane, and leaned forward until their noses were almost touching. "I apologize in advance for this..." He murmured quietly, then gently pressed his lips to hers.

((I'm sorry for taking so long to reply. Things got busy IRL, so my activity faltered; and that is my only excuse x.x))

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:29 am

((It's fine. College work got ahead of me too Razz But here's my reply))

His words made her curious. "You want to?" she repeated softly. She didn't notice how close to her he was until literally nose to nose with the goddess. She could smell the faint scent of summer around him. A smell she adored and enjoyed. Freedom.

"I apologize in advance for this..." Apollo said softly and Persephone instinctively closed her eyes as his lips met hers. For a few moments, the world stopped rotating. Then again, that could have been her not paying attention to anything but Apollo.

She pulled away, her face staying an inch from his. "It... It isn't a problem. I..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apollo
Olympian

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Her initial reaction was surprisingly calm, yet her words betrayed her flustered emotions. And though she pulled away, she did so gently, and lingered close enough for him to rest his forehead against hers. "I need too..." He admitted quietly, closing his eyes and breathing in her flowery scent.

It was a strange thing for him to admit something openly, but it felt good. And it was most certainly true, Apollo had to do this, and not for the principal of spiting the other Gods, but because he needed comfort. Immortal or not, everybody needed a little a solace, and grudgingly enough it was his turn now.

Then he opened his eyes again, and smiled almost shyly, brushing his lips against he cheek. "Eventually it will be a problem, but for now, it's you're choice... Whether or not this continues, I mean." He said, then looked at her with kind blue eyes; whatever her decision, he would bite his tongue, swallow his pride, and accept it.

Apollo Speaks in Yellow
Back to top Go down
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 am

Need was a word Persephone knew all too well. She needed Summer. By the end of Winter, Summer was what she needed. A break from Hades and his hell. Apollo's words were soft to hear, comforting her. "Eventually it will be a problem, but for now, it's you're choice... Whether or not this continues, I mean."

She bit her lip gently. Shakespeare came to her mind. She had to do something in the underworld. So she read. She remembered a line from Romeo and Juliet. "Then have my lips the sin that they have took," she quoted. "As Apollo, you understand that, right? Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Act one and scene five."

She didn't wait for his reply so much as she leaned forward a little bit to kiss the corner of his mouth, her eyes fluttering shut.

((Sorry. Reading Romeo and Juliet and I saw it as an D'AWWWWWWWWWW moment.))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)   

Back to top Go down

Summer in LA (Apollo, PG-13)
Page 1 of 1