Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Empty
PostSubject: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 am

Eowyn had been up all night, leaning against Thalia's tree most of the time. She had just been sitting in front of a tiny little battery and a two wires with severely damaged ends, just a tiny bit apart. She kept running a current, creating random sparks to fly. She'd been watching them intently during the night, her cloak hiding her within the shadows. Her hands trailed over the cloak made from pure shadows her mother had given her. She sighed as another spark flew between the wires. Night was ending, the time of her mother was ending once again and soon Eowyn would retreat into the cabin she'd build. The house of night, a tiny building that was both full of traps and that housed an endless night. Eowyn grabbed her sunglasses from her pocket and twirled them around in her hands for a while. She'd need them soon enough. Ever since she'd been claimed, the sun had been bothering Eowyn a great deal more during the day, causing headaches when she wasn't wearing sunglasses but she could see extremely well in the night.

When the horizon began to glow Eowyn started packing her little sparks construction. She put it in a little bag, after letting the wires cool down a bit. She didn't need to start a tiny fire in her own bag after a night of etertainment. Besides, melted plastic wasn't a pleasant smell to Eowyn. When she was finally all set to go, the glow of dawn was already starting to get bright. Eowyn glared at the sun that was starting to show for a little bit. She didn't hate the sun, she just liked the night much better. Sticking her tongue out at the breaking dawn, Eowyn put her sunglasses on. She took them off again nearly instantly, wondering if her eyes were betraying her. Was that a guy coming toward the hill in the early morning? She put the sunglasses away so she might greet the possibly new camper. She hoped he wasn't paying too much attention for her eyes had that strange light reflecting thing going on, which was the reason she could see that well in the dark. It wasn't as strong as that of say, a cat, but still visible if people payed atttention.

Eowyn walked toward the border to greet the guy, careful not to step into shadows, as they made her invisible while wearing her cloak. She herself was wearing a lace dress, all black and some dark make-up, no doubt making her look like a night time wonderer. The wires that were belted on her waist were mostly obscured from view by her cloak and her black leather boots were a little dirty. Her pale skin and eyes were the only things that set her apart from the the darker places around her. She smiled kindly at the boy, for it was a boy that approached. Slightly older than Eowyn and rather good looking. Eowyn had to admit to herself that she was checking him out, for which she chided herself. This wasn't the time to pick up a guy, was it? "Hello there. Are you new...." She stopped asking when she saw he was already armed, making Eowyn put on of her hands on her hidden guns for a second, checking if it was still there. "Obviously not as you're armed. Is that a ping pong paddle?" She asked amazed, looking at the item in wonder. She'd never met anybody who carried that around on a travel, but most people said the same about her and her wires. "I'm Eowyn, nice to meet you." She said, intrigued by this unknown guy.
Back to top Go down
http://olympiagames.forumotion.com/
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Thomas was sick of being on the road. It was nice, but it wasn’t his element for extended periods of time, even though he WALKED to camp on foot before… From Oklahoma…but hey, lot’s happened since then. He made some friends, got claimed by Athena… and he lost a girlfriend. He still missed Milly in his heart. You didn’t just fall in and out of love, contrary to popular belief, and heartache was real. Thomas found himself wishing that his heart would just stop again, and that noone would be there to save him, at times. Yes, he wished for death. It wouldn’t come though, so he figured he may as well head home to camp.

Thomas passed the border to New York on his bicycle, an old beat up Schwinn, covered in red paint, rust, and zip ties. The zip ties were so numerous; it was like he was riding a wheeled porcupine in appearances, except the “Spikes” were black and red plastic. The tires were mildly deflated, which wasn’t good for the tires, he knew, but didn’t have an air pump. This would cause him grief for the last three miles when he got a flat. Thomas barely managed to get off before it flipped into the ditch, rolling away from the “wreckage”. Thomas then had to walk the bike to camp for repairs.

Thomas then saw the tree, as well as what looked like, from a distance, faint sparks of light. Quickly on, quickly off, intermittently, no clear pattern. Thomas tried analyzing it, maybe a Morse message, but all he got was the words “gods, I’m bored out of my freaking mind” in Morse code. Namely, they made gibberish nonsense that translated to nothing at all. Thomas walked the mildly mangled bike, hand drifting to his paddle. His sword wouldn’t be much use till he ditched the bike if there was a fight. His owl landed on his shoulder, nibbling his ear lightly. He walked up the hill, and dropped his bike. The source was a girl messing with wires and batteries. Thomas relaxed. He hoped he didn’t seem intimidating, or anything. Or stupid. Come on, he was wearing blue denim shorts, tan converse shoes, a light tan shirt that said “The Hippies Were Right” on the front, covered by a darker tan fishing vest, pockets filled with small goodies. On his back was his sword, in his back right pocket, a ping pong paddle. On his right wrist was a Timex digital watch, on his left wrist, a drink cozy. Nice. He would look like an idiot for sure.

She started questioning his freshness, looking him over. He felt a bit awkward about it, but he found himself looking her over as well. Nice form, but it would mean nothing to him if the woman beneath was venom through and through. He didn’t know if this girl had a heart of gold or of petrified dung, but he wouldn’t form an opinion just yet. He hadn’t even gotten a name yet. “Yes, it’s a Ping-pong paddle. Odd, yes, unconventional, yes. Likely to kill me in a fight, surprisingly, no.” Thomas extended a hand. “Thomas Kirtley, son of Athena.” He then noticed her hand. “You mind moving your hand away from your weapon?” Thomas’ outstretched hand crept back, moving for his paddle. The demigod analyzed the pocket. Unlikely to hold a knife, so it was more likely to hold a handgun. Thomas would need to dodge first if she decided to draw. There was no way in Hades he could strike before a bullet hit. In fact… Thomas thought, and then straightened, relaxing as he waited. “Well, if you don’t trust me, go ahead and shoot. I’ve not much to live for anyways. My family is dead, and the first person I have ever loved is gone. I may as well allow my soul to descend into the Halls of Hades. I’ll be sure to mention that it was a Mercy Kill so it doesn’t tarnish your soul, or anything.” Thomas looked up at the sky, thinking one thing. I’m going to have a lot of explaining to do if she doesn’t shoot me.
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Eowyn looked at the guy with a very confused experssion. Where had the owl come from? Why did he even have an owl? Yet Eowyn admired owls, or at least some of them. Several species were creatures of the night and Eowyn felt a certain odd bond with them (and creatures such as bats , cats and for some reason, scorpians). When Thomas commented on her gun, and then he made this really odd speech which was basically asking to be killed. In a flash Eowyn's Bloody Rose was pointed at Thomas. "Bang." She said dryly. She put the gun back where it belonged. She wasn't going to kill anything but monsters with her guns, which she'd named Bloody Rose and Endless Night. They both had intricate designs on them, Bloody Rose naturally had roses and Endless Night had lightning designs. She's asked around and the gun (Bloody Rose) had one belonged to a son of Zeus, but he was long gone by now. The weapons was said to have a curse on it, but since Eowyn had never noticed anything strange about it, she didn't exactly believe it.

"You know, people say the children of Athena are rather smart. Asking somebody to kill you isn't." Eowyn said and looked at his owl. She smiled. "Such a beauty. Don't you see that there is always something left to live for?" She said with a mysterious smile and a little light seemed to spark in her silvercoated eyes. "And yet there are those who are in love with death. They long for his company and his eternal embrace. You don't look like one of them." She said and took Bloody Rose out again and handed it to Thomas. There was a really strange smile on her face that would make nearly anybody feel unfortable. She took a step back and looked at him curiously. Was he truly strong or desparate enough to kill himself in front of her? "Will you color this dawn red Thomas, son of Athena? Are you giving up without a fight or will you live? The choice is in your hands, although I doubt death would manage to fix your problems for you. Dying changes nothing, almost dying changes everything. I, of all people, can know." She said with a sigh.

She walked back to him, wrapping her hand around the hand that was holding her gun. She made it point toward her own chest and smiled. "Death is easy, life is harder." She said and stared at him long and intently. Her hold on his hands was nothing more than a slight touch, a minor temptation. She looked into his green eyes and let her own wander over his face and brown hair. Her expression was gentle and caring and with a sadness that had fallen over her heart. Her hands dropped to her sides. "I'm sorry for what happened to you but is that enough? Enough to give up on life? Your first love doesn't have to be your only one you know. You can find love again." She said, looking down at her boots. She didn't like the idea of a guy who seemed to be as nice as him to be thinking of death in such a way but she knew that people who didn't want to life, would end their lives sooner or later or do something so incredibly stupid that their life was as good as over anyway. Better to give him a shot to do it himself so there was something left to bury rather than wait from him to be eaten by monsters. A tear escaped from Eowyn's eye at the mere thought. Death was always a tragedy.

((I'm sorry for the weirdness in this post. Eowyn is just like that sometimes))

Last edited by Eowyn Oppedyk on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : namechange of Sparks to Endless Night...)
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 am

Thomas sighed. So he would have to pull his own trigger, huh? Oh well. He could always find some monster. Then, he noticed the comment on how Milly didn’t need to be his last love. Was that…? Was she flirting with him on that point? Thomas pushed it out of his mind as she made a small lecture on how precious life was. Thomas looked at the engravings on the gun; the thorny vine of a rose was wrapped around the barrel and handle, leading to a rose, dripping blood, on the back of the chamber. Very lovely. “Fine, I won’t die, ok?” Thomas then noticed the tear. Thomas gently reached forward, wiping it off, and flicking it to the ground. “No need to cry for me,” he said, somewhat emotionlessly. He didn’t feel like putting in the effort to put in feeling with his words, making them sound toneless and dead. “There is enough to cry about in this unhappy world. Why cry for one demigod?” He handed her back the gun after a brief inspection. “I’m left handed with those anyway.” Thomas smiled, though it was sort of forced. “You’re right. Any coward can quit and die. The real people stick around through the tough times. I dunno, maybe, eventually, I’ll move on…”
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 am

Eowyn was glad that Thomas wasn't going to die on her at that moment. It would have been hard explaining that to the Chiron and such. He gave her back the gun and Eowyn quickly put it away, happy that he'd chosen another option than death. When he suddenly wiped the tear from her face, she felt a shock go through her body. She looked up at Thomas again with some entirely new feelings. No, this could not be happening. Would totally be her luck, falling for a guy she couldn't have simply because his heart was in pieces. She'd dated a few people and those had nearly always ended badly. She still had Bella, sort off. She couldn't figure out exactly what was going on between her and the other girl though. That and the fact they hadn't spoken in quite some time made her think the girl had probably forgotten about her.

Eowyn shook the thought from her head and turned her attention back to Thomas. "I wasn't crying. I was just having some trouble with dust and sunlight." Eowyn lied unconvincingly. She quickly retrieved her sunglasses and put them on. "Much better." She said with a weak smile. Eowyn wanted to smack herself for putting them on a moment later though, now he was sure to think she was a freak. Normal people just don't wear sunglasses that early in the morning when the sun was hardly out yet. It was too late now, he'd already seen them and concluded whatever. She'd just have to try to repair the damage. "I'm sorry. I'm not good with sunlight. My mom's Nyx." She said nervously, tapping on her sunglasses so he'd know what she was talking about. She might still have a shot at being friends (or more) with this guy. She just had to try harder and avoid doing stupid things like wearing sunglasses at dawn.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 am

Thomas looked at Eowyn, wondering why she seemed… He couldn’t think of the words. Startled by his touch? He didn’t know. His hand went to his side, resting on his paddle out of sheer habit, when she put on the sunglasses. That was different, but seeing as he fought with a ping pong paddle, he couldn’t call it weird, merely out of the ordinary. What the hell was ordinary, anyway? He hadn’t known ordinary in what felt like his entire life, and it was hardly half a year! Thomas looked at her, feeling that she probably saw her as odd. She explained the sunglasses via telling him the name of her mother. “Nyx, eh? Would that explain the wires too, or is it just some hobby?” he managed a chuckle. “Never mind, I suppose. I’m an oddball myself.” Thomas’ obviously fake smile fell off, like it melted, and the sadness on his face became plain again. “Tell me, Eowyn. How are you supposed to feel if you had to prove yourself to earn someone’s love, and you failed? Are you supposed to feel like shit, like the best way to go is six feet under from here on out?” Thomas looked down, slumping next to the dragon, and gently scratched behind its ear, not even noticing his vision blurring. Thomas closed his eyes in thought, not noticing the tear that slid down his own face as well. I’m sorry Milly, he thought. I failed you.

((This post is serious crap.. and Thomas has serious issues, it would appear. Arty's messed him up good and proper.))
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 am

Eowyn shrugged when he mentioned the wires. "Just a dangerous hobby of sorts." She said with a minor shrug. Things were going better it seemed, he'd chuckled! He'd chuckled and that was a good sign. And there everything went, sadness all over again and Eowyn almost wished she'd said nothing. Eowyn didn't know what to say. "I don't know. I've never had to prove my love for as far as I know. I imagine you'd feel that way but I don't know if that is a good idea. Maybe it just wasn't right or destined to go right. Maybe you need a broken heart now to be able to complete your destiny? I don't know, maybe you should ask an Aphrodite kid, they should know about love, right?" She asked nervously, feeling very unsure of her case.

Eowyn's eyes widened when Thomas started to cry. She sat down next to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "I know it hurts to lose somebody you love but I'm really bad with this sort of thing." She sat in silence for a moment. She debated if she should open her mouth but she voted to do so in the end. Eowyn opened her mouth and started to sing softly. She wasn't the best singer in the world (or that was what she believed) but she wasn't a nightmare. Pleasant to listen to at least. "You'll be all right, no one can hurt you now. You'll be safe sound." And other random lyrics that were designed to bring him comfort and give him a little strenght, although she suspected she'd just failed epically when he didn't say anything for a while so she shut her mouth again and just sat next to him in silence.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 am

Thomas may not have noticed it at a concious level, but deep within, he noticed that she was practically scrambling to cheer him up. She had gave him the best motivational speech, was sitting with him, sharing in his discomfort, when he felt her hand on his shoulder, her arm around him. Thomas lost it, then, and just cried on her, when after a short period, and for only a small period of time as well, he heard her begin to sing softly. Her voice was a bit shaky, sure, but it was otherwise rather nice, comforting. Impromptu, unliscensed, unpracticed, but original, and that’s where the the feeling, the tenderness came in.The tears eventually stopped, and Thomas returned the arm around the shoulder, head slumped down.

Thomas sat with her in silence, deep in thought, saying a prayer or two to whichever god decided to listen, and then shifted, moving his arm off of her. “Thanks, Eowyn. I… I needed that. I… I need to think.” Thomas got up, and stumbled off.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 am

((SFTDP, stalkers, but here is chapter 2 of the Dawn series:

https://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com/t539-a-new-dawn-a-new-day-a-new-friend-eowyn-pg-13-possible

Enjoy ;P))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))   The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The dawn of a new day ((Thomas, PG13))
Page 1 of 1