Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LaraWillis
Daughter of Nemesis
LaraWillis

Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Empty
PostSubject: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Lara Willis slashed again. The dummy in front of her was hacked to pieces, yet she still didn't stop slicing at it. The straw was all over, its head rolled on the ground, and the arms and legs sat in a lifeless pile beneath it; and still she swung. Her sword flashed through the air, a black blur against the bright blue sky. Sweat trickled down her face, and her raven black hair flew in all different directions as she danced the dangerous sword dance. Soon, she found that she was just hacking at wood: the dummy had been reduced to a pile of straw and strips of cloth. Sighing, she moved onto the next dummy.

Lara knew why she was so intent on completely destroying her enemy; it was her way of venting anger, even if the 'enemy' was a flour sack stuffed with hay. She wasn't angry at any particular person, or any particular thing; she was just angry of not being claimed, and that she had been 'so awful' at birth that her other human parent had decided to leave her on the steps of the orphanage.

Stupid, Slash. Godly, Slash. And human, Slash. Parents! Slash, slash! She stopped for a moment, and wiped her brow. With each slash she had cut off one of the limbs, starting with the head and ending with the two legs. Taking a lunge, she threw her sword at the dummy's head while unsheathing two black daggers from her belt. As her sword impaled the dummy through the head, the two daggers hit the heart and the stomach. She looked at her handiwork. The dagger aimed at the heart was a little off center, but it would do the job if in true combat. She walked over to the dummy and pulled out her two daggers first, then slowly drew out her sword. She sheathed all three, and listened for a moment.

The dull thud of sword hitting straw echoed throughout the arena. Other campers were there too. Lara decided to take a small break before decimating anymore dummies. She sat down on a bench, and after a few moments of resting, heard a few people or so walk over. Even though Lara wasn't social at all, she had told herself that she needed to be a bit more friendly. She thought for a few minutes on what to say.

Her mind drifted over to the new quest while thinking of something to say. Five demigods had been called on it, and she knew hardly any of them. Her mind then wandered over to the prophecy itself.

"The quest shall begin with five
And five will make it back alive
A way for love and a way for hate
You will need the daughter of Hecate
Two directions you shall go
And face challenges more than you will know
A friend to be lost, a new one to be gained
The sea of monsters now awaits
Go forth on your quest, heroes unite...
Remember though, not everything is right..."

What did it mean? She could tell that someone was going to die, or captured or something, but another would take their place, creating the five. And that some part of it would take place in the Sea of Monsters. But that was pretty much all she knew. And what was that part about everything not quite right? Suddenly, Lara realized she had been speaking out loud. She turned to the campers, embarrassed.

Last edited by LaraWillis on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm

((Lara, that is the admin quest, still yet to be handed out to the admin in RP...))
Back to top Go down
https://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com
LaraWillis
Daughter of Nemesis
LaraWillis

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:07 pm

((Then why was the challenge discussing the prophecy and quest? Are we supposed to discuss what we think the prophecy is? Because it said to discuss the said prophecy after posting it... I'll change it if I need to...))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 pm

((Ask Evie on that, I'm tired right now so I can't think straight. The challenge is for the next quest though, if it was discussing it, then continue on Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Frank Desmond
Son of Dionysus
Frank Desmond

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm

((SFTDP, you were right, I was wrong, stupid tiredness, continue on Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Katie Malecovich
Daughter of Demeter
Katie Malecovich

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:47 am

Katie penetrated the flour sack with her long, three foot sword. It was a good feeling. All her emotions, flood through the sword. All this hacking and slashing was stress and anger. She laughed to herself for a moment. Since when was she this good with a sword? She took out her dagger and at the the same time, sliced the sack in half with the sword and threw the dagger at the head. Taking a moment to admire her work, she noticed just how sweaty she was. She took off her tank top, revealing her sports bra she usually wore for jogging. Katie threw her tank top on the ground a few feet to the left. Breathing heavily, she returned to the dummy. The only thing she could think about right now was that damn quest. The word had gotten out last monday. Katie had heard it from some Hermes kid yesterday. I bet someone's going to die... Katie thought to herself. Katie grew restless, just standing there like that, her ADHD kicking in. She launched herself at the dummy, her dagger piercing the heart. Satisfied with her training, Katie slid her black tank top back on and sat down on bench. There was a girl at the other end but, Katie though nothing of her her. She pulled her brown hair into a wet, messy bun. The girl, she looked familiar. Brown hair like Katie's. The girl started mumbling something about people dying and "The Five". Katie slid down bench, gave a once to the girl and waved a hand infront of the girls face. She must be day dreaming... Katie thought. She noticed the girl stopped talk and looked over the bench. Katie smiled wide. "Hi, are you alright? You were mumbling, sounded like you were crazy." Katie chuckled.

((Its REALLY short. Sorry.))
Back to top Go down
http://thefayz.canadian-forum.com/
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 am

When Eowyn headed out of her eternal night that morning, which is to say that she left her cabin, she wasn't feeling too happy. She was verging on a mental break down at that point and suddenly she felt like Thomas might have been right about Aphrodite pulling an evil trick on them. If she'd known that Bella was going to come back things might have gone differently. Yet she hadn't and things were a right and proper mess for now. On top of all of that there was this quest and Eowyn felt like it had something to do with Thomas' past. Add that to her fight with Bella and you had one very insecure demigoddess left. With a large sigh and even larger sunglasses Eowyn headed for the Arena. Now, it wasn't an extremely sunny day so you might be wondering why Eowyn was wearing sunglasses. There was a very good reason for it. Being the daughter of the night had left her eyes used to a very small amount of light and so she had found herself to be getting a lot of pain if she didn't wear sunglasses. When looking into the mirror, the girl often found her pupils to be but tiny little dots in the center of her irises and in the darkness, they reflected like the eyes of a cat.

Eowyn had her axes at the ready, along with her two guns. She was wearing her cape and so she couldn't be more ready for any type of battle. Well, the physical ones, never the mental ones. Eowyn tried stayin the shadows as much as she could, as her cloak made her invisible within the shadows, a very neat and handy trick. She snuck into the arena and hid in some shadows not far from two girls. She'd train a little in a bit. For now she was just watching. Both girls didn't seem to happy about something but Eowyn couldn't place them, nor was she trying. All she wanted was a little peace and quiet. She, naturally, wouldn't get them. She sighed just as a girl nearby recited a rhyme that send chills down Eowyns spine.

"The quest shall begin with five
And five will make it back alive
A way for love and a way for hate
You will need the daughter of Hecate
Two directions you shall go
And face challenges more than you will know
A friend to be lost, a new one to be gained
The sea of monsters now awaits

Naturally, she didn't like the sound of that much. Eowyn thought about the various lines for a moment. She didn't like the sound of it all one single bit. It sounded like five people were going on a quest and five would return, although perhaps not the same five that had left. Also sounded like the quest party would split up and would face a very large number of challenges and not all of them would be known, which sounded like trickery to Eowyn. Eowyn wasn't fond of trickery at all and so it bothered her. "A way for love and a way for hate." Eowyn muttered and she felt like that line had something to do with Thomas. Well, she didn't know which path he was going to thread if her gut was right but she knew she didn't like it much.

Eowyn stepped from the shadows as two girls started talking because one of them had been muttering about that prophecy she'd recited earlier. Eowyn realised it probably looked like she'd stepped out of pure nothingness but she didn't care much. So what if she looked like a demon of sorts just because she was a gothic girl with firearms and axes? She could always try that shadow traveling thing she'd heard about and get out somehow. Yet Eowyn doubted her sunglasses helped much in making her look evil, her almost catlike eyes would have done that job much better. So Eowyn confidently made her way to the duo and stood by them. "Crazy or not, this prophecy she was talking about.." Eowyn paused for a moment. "I need to know what it means. I have to. Do either of you know who are going on this quest? Apart from the daughter of Hecate?" Eowyn asked the two girls. Maybe that could give her some leads on what the prophecy meant.

((Sorry but to lazy to color code))
Back to top Go down
http://olympiagames.forumotion.com/
LaraWillis
Daughter of Nemesis
LaraWillis

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm

"Hi, are you alright? You were mumbling, sounded like you were crazy." The girl who had sat down at the other end of the bench said. Lara looked down, her black hair covering her face. Great, now she was crazy. Add that to her list of things she had been called. Freak, goth, nobody, worthless, and now, crazy. Lovely.

"I'm not crazy. I was just deep in thought. I didn't realize I was talking out loud. Sorry to have disturbed you." Lara said, a bit snappishly. A small voice whispered that she should apologize for being so cold with the girl, after all, the girl had been the nice one, but Lara ignored it. Apologizing just wasn't in her nature. However, she did feel a bit bad about being so mean. Hadn't she just been telling herself to be more friendly? Now she felt like a hypocrite. "I was just reviewing the quest. I didn't mean to disturb you, or give you the impression that I was crazy. Sorry." She said, her tone much more soft.

Lara suddenly heard someone approaching from behind. She looked over and saw a girl coming over. Lara could have sworn she hadn't been there before. It's like she just appeared out of thin air. Lara thought.

"Crazy or not, this prophecy she was talking about.." the girl paused, "I need to know what it means. I have to. Do either of you know
who are going on this quest? Apart from the daughter of Hecate?"

Lara stared at her for a moment. Did she really think that they knew the meaning of the prophecy? Not even the quest members knew what the prophecy meant! Which brought them back to her second question. Everyone knew about the Daughter of Hecate, they just didn't know which daughter of Hecate. The members of the quest hadn't been announced yet. At least, not as far as Lara had heard. Then again, she was never around much to hear of the big announcements. The only reason she'd heard about the quest was because some people in the Hermes cabin had been talking about it amongst their little posse. But they hadn't mentioned any quest members.

"I'm sorry. I haven't heard anything about the quest members. They might have been announced, but I must not have been there if they had. Sorry." Lara said, shrugging. She wished she could help the girl, as she sounded in distress, but Lara really didn't know anything.

"All I can decipher is that the first part of it is going to take place in the Sea of Monsters, and somewhere along the way they'll lose a friend, and then gain one. But not all will be as it seems. It's pathetic, I know, but it's all I got. Clear as mud, right?" Lara said. She looked at both girls, wondering if what she had said made any sense at all.

(( Pfft...Katie, Lara has black hair, not brown...
tongue ))
Back to top Go down
Eowyn Oppedyk
Daughter of Nyx
Eowyn Oppedyk

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 am

Eowyn got an angry expression on her face when the girl knew nothing about it. No, she wasn't going to lash out at the girl for not knowing but she did start pacing for a little, her hands on her wires. "No." She said and she felt her fears and anger take her over for a moment. "No!" She said angrily. She started pacing back and forth while knotting her wires and taking the knots back out again. She took hold of one her longer wires and swung it at the dummy. The wire wrapped around the neck of the dummy and Eowyn gave it such a fierce pull the wood cracked. She stared for a while while she tried to calm down. "Somebody is going to die, the fates must have decided that. The daughter of Hecate is going to have four companions but she has to go. I think she's going to die, as nobody else was named specifically. She's a gonner." Eowyn mumbled with her twisted logics, speaking to herself.

She stopped pacing for a moment and was silent. She was trying to figure more things out with her strange logics. "Hate was rhymed with Hecate, which probably means she's on the path for hate. Yes, yes. Now since the quest party will fall in two, it means at least one will join her. The others will take the path of love. Since they are separated they will not know what challenges the other part of their party will face, resulting in more challenges than you know. Yes, that sounds about right." She mumbled furiously pacing as she talked and trying to figure more out. Her voice had been soft, hardly more than whisper.

"But who are the others!" She shouted loudly, throwing a small axe at another dummy. She had to know somehow which people were going on this quest. Who else could die, who was going on the way for love, which was by far more dangerous than suggested. Eowyn didn't trust Aphrodite one bit. Love was tricksy, she'd lived through that already. Such a fickle flame, such a tempting thing yet so dangerous to play with. No, love was at least as dangerous as hatred, it just didn't kill often. A hatred within love was what killed, not love itself.

"Tell me please, is there anything you can tell me using some weird logical deduction, no matter how little sense it makes. I must know everything. Every option." Eowyn pleaded the other girls. Anything at all, anything was fine. Yes, even things that would never happen or made no sense, she just had to have some things to hold on to, a small light like a star in an endless night. That was what she needed, not a hope for the dawn to break so that the day would start, no, just a reminder that a sheltering ray shines through the night. Althought it's small, it's bright, no matter how much darkness is lurking.
Back to top Go down
http://olympiagames.forumotion.com/
LaraWillis
Daughter of Nemesis
LaraWillis

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Lara was taken aback by the girl's angry reaction her Lara's comment. Was she really going to get mad at her for not knowing enough? The girl started to pace, hands on some wires. "No." She said, and the girl seemed to loose control for a moment. "No!" She said angrily. Back and forth the girl paced, tying and untying the wires. Suddenly, the girl lashed out with her wires, roping a dummy around the neck. With an angry jerk, the girl cracked the wood. Lara took a step backwards. The girl seemed to try calming down then. It was a little while before the girl spoke again.

"Somebody is going to die, the fates must have
decided that. The daughter of Hecate is going to have four companions
but she has to go. I think she's going to die, as nobody else was named
specifically. She's a gonner." The girl said in twisted logic. Though the logic was warped, it did-somehow-make sense in Lara's mind. However, though what the girl said about it made sense, Lara had other interpretations.

"Well, I do agree with you," Lara began, "and it makes sense what you're saying, but there are other options as well. Going with the Hecate theme, you could take the prophecy literally; the daughter of Hecate could be lost. As in, she is literally lost; wandered off, no where to be found, parted from the group, however you'd like to say it. Then again, she would most likely end up dead, if she doesn't some how miraculously make it here, and given the prophecy, I don't think that's a very plausible fate." Lara said.

"Or, you could take it as in she's a 'lost cause'. She looses hope, drifts away from the quest, leaves on her own thing. She could get discouraged, or think the quest is too challenging or demanding. Then you could say she was lost. Another explanation would be that she turns; goes to the other side; falls for the cookies; walks into the dark. Then she would be lost to the group. However, there really is no positive spin for this. Choose whichever way you want; someone is still going to be gone from the group. The whole prophecy is pretty dark, with the whole 'way for love and a way for hate' theme going on. Definitely does sound like somebody will die, whether the daughter of Hecate or not. After all, it could be one of the other members of the quest." Lara finished. She then abruptly realized that in her entire time of being at camp, that was the most she had ever said to one person. She was shocked. Wow, she thought, I said a lot. She hoped the girl could keep up with what she had said. Not only had Lara said quite a lot, but she had also said it quite fast. The girl stopped pacing, lost in thought for a moment. Then she began muttering again.

"Hate was rhymed with Hecate, which probably means
she's on the path for hate. Yes, yes. Now since the quest party will
fall in two, it means at least one will join her. The others will take
the path of love. Since they are separated they will not know what
challenges the other part of their party will face, resulting in more
challenges than you know. Yes, that sounds about right."
The girl mumbled, pacing again. Her voice had become so quiet Lara had to strain to hear.

Lara thought about what the girl was saying. Somehow, through her twisted logic, it was all fitting together. The hate-Hecate, the separate and therefore unknown challenges of the opposite groups; it all sounded right...but.

"Truly, everything you say is making sense...but, I can't help but be reminded of the last line of the prophecy: "
Remember though, not everything is right..." It just nags at the back of my mind, like an annoying fly. It puts doubt into all of the theories I have. What if the lines of the prophecy are like coins? Each line has two different sides; two different meanings, and you don't know which one is the correct interpretation. All of the assumptions you could have made would be useless without knowing which one goes with which. It wouldn't matter if you have this perfect idea of what you think the prophecy means: not everything is right." Lara said. She hated herself for being so pessimistic when that seemed to be the worst thing she could say to this girl. She really hated her nature.

"But who are the others!" The girl yelled out of the blue ((ha ha, no pun intended)), throwing a small axe at a dummy, hitting it square in the chest. Lara was startled at this sudden outburst; this girl obviously cared very much for someone who could potentially go on this quest. Then the girl sunk back into silence, lost deep in thought over the question.

"Tell me please, is there anything you can tell me
using some weird logical deduction, no matter how little sense it makes.
I must know everything. Every option." The girl pleaded. She really seemed to be into this. It made Lara wonder the reason behind the desire to know. Was it love? Lara wondered.
Then Lara turned back to the question at hand. She thought hard. Every option? That was a lot of options. She'd already told some of hers, but it was time to start thinking about the whole thing, not just a line here or there.

"Well..." Lara started slowly, "To me it sounds like something in the Sea of Monsters is going to be wrong; something will be not quite right. I mean, listen to the lines:

"The sea of monsters now awaits

I just feel like that's when things will start to get weird. It's probably wrong but...I usually trust my gut. Also, it says the group will go in two directions, but you don't have to take that as splitting up. It could be that the group doubles back, or takes a different turn. And the two directions don't have to be love and hate. For instance, say two of the campers are lovers; this could be where they choose love or hate. When you mention 'love' you know it's going to somehow be messy. Aphrodite always seems to make sure of that."
Lara said. She looked at the girl, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))   Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge? Please, I live for challenges. ((Katie Malecovich/Eowyn Oppedyk))
Page 1 of 1