Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Milly Gardener
Daughter of Artemis
Milly Gardener

Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Empty
PostSubject: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:14 am

The clouds slowly inched across the skies, along the blue skies and the horizon. The clouds seemed to cover the sun completely, forming a great deal of shade for everybody in camp currently. Slowly but surely the clouds moved across the skies and eventually they moved partially from the sun, making the sun shine three quarters of the way as the cloud covered the other quarter, making the camp now even more sunny. The sunlight was in direct of the strawberry fields, in which the hot and notable weather was traveling to, as the strawberries were just ripe and coming in. Milly was seizing this chance as she was in field with a large basket. She wore her orange Camp Half-Blood tee-shirt with the sleeves cut off and the letters shining on the shirt. She had on jean shorts and purple converses as well; her shining hair was tied into one large bun, with the bangs framing her face as she yawned. She had a nice bunch of strawberries in her basket and she quickly walked along the many vines as she put out a hand and smiled. She pluck a strawberry and put it into the basket. It was nice, plump and looked very red. She smiled and took the strawberry out of the basket and took a bite and smiled, licking her lips while taking another bite from the strawberry.

Last edited by Thomas Kirtley on Thu May 10, 2012 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spam removal, Closing down to two others besides Milly.)
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:02 am

Of all the places Thomas had been, the strawberry fields were yet to be added to the list. So, Thomas got up, and left for them, leaving his sword in his room, and taking only Pinger, his ordinary ping pong paddle. While he walked, he thought to himself, trying to get things sorted out. What was it about Milly that so intrigued him. Was it her eyes, the way that they seemed to almost glow with their own light? Was it the fact that she was beautiful, but didn’t use it to try to get her way? What was it? Sweet Aphrodite, Thomas couldn’t figure her out. Humph, story of his life, with women. Show Thomas a man who understood a woman and the demigod would show you a man who better lock himself in a tower, and start writing a freaking book. Thomas couldn’t figure them any more than any other dude he met, and Thomas even asked some girls. He got slapped for that stunt.

Eventually, he arrived at the strawberry fields. The demigod grabbed a few of the strawberries, tore the leaves off them, and juggled them slightly. He then popped one into his mouth, munched, then noticed Milly standing in the fields. He dropped his strawberries, thinking she would think he was showing off. Oh gods, what if she does think I’m showing off? Oh, gods, what if I was? Styx, what is my problem? She’s just a girl, boy. A really, really nice girl; A nice girl with a golden personality, and has a nice face, and I’d like to take her to some movies and- whoa.

Thomas pinched himself on the earlobe. That snapped him out of it. Thomas didn’t know it, but the whole time he was thinking, he was silently walking over to her. Then Thomas noticed, and hit the brakes. He stopped abruptly, giving him the look he was standing there all day, right as she noticed him. Thomas though he was an idiot, but he said “Hi” nonetheless. “How are you doing, Milly?” Thomas wanted to know many things, like who his god parent was, who hers was, whether or not they were related (because that would seriously suck for him), what her background was, whether or not she’d mind him taking her to see the new Avengers movie… gods, I’m pathetic, thought the demigod son of an unknown goddess. Well, unknown to him, at any rate. He had a feeling he wouldn’t know for a while. Eh, he could wait. A man was nothing if he wasn’t patient.

Thomas looked at the ring on his left hand finger as he waited for her response, twisting the ring around his finger, looking at the Aries engraved in the sides, and his initial engraved into the face, all by his own hand, guided by an old jeweler. Thomas had nothing more precious than the ring besides one thing: a silver, Leaf shaped pendant that belonged to the woman he had called mom before finding out he was adopted, yet still called her mom. He didn’t know who his real mother was, but he could wait. He looked at the ground, interested in the strawberries growing there, still waiting for her response.

((Gods, I kinda Rambled, my Muse was.... odd with me.))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Olympian
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Artemis loved walking around randomly. So that's what she did. In all the time she'd lived, she hadn't been to the Strawberry fields. It was ironic, really. She'd been around longer than the camp had, but she hadn't gone to the place where the camp grew the products that funded it. Most of her hunters had been there (except for the really old ones that came from before then, like Artemis), but she hadn't seen it before. Not once.

Because of this, after wandering around for a really long time, she headed to the fields. It would be an... interesting change in scenery.

The pure largeness of the fields amazed Artemis. Now she understood how they had enough money to pay for the beautiful cabins. Gods, they were huge. Someone could probably wander around for an hour in them... which is what Arty planned to do. Yes, she was actually showing herself as Artemis. Blond hair, tall, blue eyes... and just walked around. It was one of those days with perfect weather, yet Arty wasn't surrounded by even one huntress. Maybe there were willing girls in the fields?

She wandered around for at least half the time she'd been wandering around aimlessly. While doing this, she had time to think. The thing on her mind at the moment: Endymion. She still felt guilty about that. She'd had fifty children... but wasn't proud of it. Gods, why had it happened? Just in case it happened again, she carried a gift on her. She sighed, feeling bad. She'd had children...

She couldn't ruin someone's life like that. No, that would be horrible. It didn't really go against her vows, but it felt like it did. It felt like she'd done something wrong. Yet, she didn't want her kids feeling like they were an... accident. She wanted them to be happy they were an Artemis child, that they should be proud. Yet, if their mom wasn't... No. She was proud.

She was still thinking this as a couple of demigods came into view. Was that...? No. It couldn't be! Gods, just as she was... How was this even possible? She should have known! She took a deep breath, trying to get her courage up. This wasn't supposed to happen. But it had. That was what mattered: she had had a child.

Arty walked up to them. "Uh... hi. If you two didn't know, I'm Artemis..." This wasn't turning out well. She looked at the boy there, and pursed her lips. Then she turned to the girl. Milly, she thought. She remembered what had happened now...

Her father always said he'd have a child with the name Milly. Artemis had loved his personality.

"Yeah. Milly, you probably think I've been an awful mother... truth is, until I saw you just now, I didn't recognize you. You look so much like your father." She let this sink in for a moment, then continued. "Yes, I am your mother." Arty waved her hand, and a silver bow appeared over Milly's head. "You may be wondering: 'Artemis? The goddess who swore never to have children?' Well, the details are complicated, but... I can kind of-- uh, appear... in dreams. If you get my drift. Anyway, what kind of mother would I be if I don't give gifts?" Artemis took off her ring and bracelet on her right hand.

She pressed the silver jewel on the ring, and it turned into a silver bow, that was close to Arty's own. Then, she pressed the A on the single charm on the bracelet, and it turned into a silver quiver of arrows. "The quiver will never run out of arrows, and you can summon any kind. Poison on the tip, laughing gas, fire... to turn them back, just press the A on the bottom of the quiver," Arty showed her where, "and on the side of the bow." Arty again showed her where. Then, she turned them back, to the ring and bracelet state, and gave them to her daughter. Arty looked at the guy again, not really happy with the fact he liked her daughter. It was plain on his face for all to see.

Unlike most other gods or goddesses, Artemis stayed a while after she claimed Milly. She wanted to get the point across to the guy that he was going to have to prove himself before she would approve.

((Congratulations, Milly, new, and first, daughter of Artemis!))
Back to top Go down
http://Chamberofchat.com
Milly Gardener
Daughter of Artemis
Milly Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Milly picked off a few more strawberries before taking one from her wicker basket and taking a bite out of it. Her mouth was filled with the fruity flavour of the strawberry and Milly smiled. She looked down at her basket again and noticed that it was almost full. The girl didn’t even know how long she had been out there in those fields for but she didn’t care. Today had been nice especially the sun shining in the sky and the dark clouds were slowly disappearing. It was a nice day in spring compared to the April showers that Milly had experienced. Smiling wider, the girl bent down a little to pick an exceptionally ripe strawberry but when she stood up, a boy was standing in front of her. She jumped slightly; she hadn’t even heard him approach her. She looked at the boy and recognized him; it was Thomas. She looked back her feet with the basket on the floor. “Oh Gods, I didn’t see you there.” Milly said and smirked.

Thomas had asked how she was and she shrugged. “Well I’m doing all right I suppose.” She said simply before looking Thomas in the eyes. ”It takes time to adjust to this doesn’t it? I guess it’s only just sunk in.” Milly said followed by a small laugh. It was true though. Before, Milly’s life had been fine; not being noticed, not having to talk to anyone. Just being able to go on with her life without any troubles. That was until her foster parent brought a bombshell onto her and told her she wasn’t even human, only part human. Since then, nothing could really surprise the girl. She had seen boys with goat legs and girls turning into trees and flower bushes. To anyone normal, they would find that very surprising but to Milly, she had been accustomed to it; even if it was for a few days.

What happened next was unusual to say the least. Milly could feel a presence next to her and turned to find a tall blonde female but she didn’t seem like any normal person; not even a demigod. The woman introduced herself as Artemis and Milly’s eyes widened. For the first time in days, the girl had been genuinely shocked. There, standing in front of them was a goddess, in the flesh. The goddess turned to face Milly and the girl looked up from her feet and into the Goddess eye’s. They shined a bright blue against the woman’s pale face. Then Artemis dropped a bombshell on the girl; claiming that she was her real mother. Milly’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape in shock. This woman was her mother. All her life, she believed her foster parents were always her real parents until a few days ago. A silver glow seemed to emit from her head and Milly looked up just to see it disappear. A silver bow had appeared above her, just in front of her forehead.

Milly was speechless. In the next moment, the Goddess was placing a ring and a bracelet into the girl’s hands. The silver jewel on the ring allowed Milly to access a bow and the A on the bracelet allowed her a quiver filled with unlimited arrows. To test them out and to prove that Artemis wasn’t an illusion, Milly pressed the jewel on the ring and there, in her hands was a silver bow. Along the bow, there was an intricate design which Milly had seen somewhere but couldn’t put a finger on where. The bow was very light in her grasp and felt almost comfortable. She pressed the A on the bracelet and it formed into a quiver. The girl placed it on her shoulder and pulled out an arrow slowly. She placed it into the bow and pulled the bowstring back slowly. Her eye looked down the shaft of the arrow, aiming it at a tree before releasing it and she watched it hit the tree.

Milly turned to Artemis, a beaming smile on her face. The bow and quiver turning back to their original form, the bracelet on her wrist and the ring on her finger. ”I can’t believe, you... You’re my mother.” Milly said, letting the information sink in. Then she realized what the Goddess had said, that Milly looked just like her father. Artemis had known her father. A million and one questions fluttered around her brain, all about her father. ”So, you knew him then; my father.” Milly said simply and calmly; no matter how frantic her brain was. ”What was he like?” She asked.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:49 am

This day just couldn’t get more… Thomas didn’t know. First, the formerly smooth-tongued demigod found himself tripping over every word he tried to say to her, then, he realized that there was a simple explanation; He really, really liked her. Now why was that? Was it simply the first girl he met in a couple of months who bothered to give him the time of day? Was it the fact that she seemed to enjoy his company? Did she enjoy his company? Thomas didn’t realize it, but he was starting to become paranoid about it, about her, about what she thought of him. The boy thought of so many things to say, but couldn’t bring herself to say- ok, who the firetruck was this?

This woman was obviously a goddess, even if she was appearing human. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall body, pale skin, her eyes were shot with silver, and she had this glow around her, very faint. Wait... Did the demigod know this deity? Thomas wondered why she passed him without a passing glance, proceeding to talk to Milly, talking about her dad. Then it clicked. Oh my gods, she’s a daughter of Artemis! Wait, hold the phone, THIS is Artemis! Wait, wait, and wait, HOLD EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!! The little detail about Artemis being a Maiden goddess had popped up in his mind. This would need straightened out, for certain. So, Thomas walked over to the goddess, a simple question in mind.

“Sorry for intruding,” The boy asked, full aware of her distaste for males, but not sure what her history is on this particular encounter. At least he waited till she finished explaining the bow. “But... Aren’t you a Maiden goddess? I mean… What? Was there someone you just…? I don’t know.” Thomas fully expected to be either shot with Milly’s new bow, or Artemis to turn him into a Jackalope, or into various pieces of rabbit feces for that little remark. Flabbergasting! That's the word Thomas was looking for to describe the day!
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Olympian
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Milly's father... was like any other guy girls wanted. Funny, athletic, nice, cute... really he was the kind of guy girls were always falling for. Heck, he'd gotten a maiden goddess' eye. How much did that say about him?

Yes, Thomas had been a good guy.

"Your father-- Thomas-- had been a pretty good guy. I'm not sure where he is now, but guys really need a little something to catch my eye." Arty smiled, remembering him. He'd had brown hair and brown eyes, exactly like Milly's. Milly didn't resemble Arty really at all, but Artemis was glad. It would be for the better, because people wouldn't recognize her as a daughter of Artemis. It would bring up a lot of questions...

"You know--" Artemis was interrupted by the boy asking how she had had a child. So the questions started now. Really, how stupid was this boy? Artemis had said she'd appeared in dreams, hadn't she? Gods, Milly deserved better. She deserved someone at least somewhat smart. Maybe even an Athena child... Artemis could always talk to Athena about it, of course, but she had the feeling Milly wanted to choose for herself.

Of course, she had the right to. It wasn't like the old days, where there were arranged marriages...

Arty glared at the boy. That's what her eyes were good for: glaring. Most people were freaked out by the pure blue and silver of them. Anyway, he didn't look like much. She could take him, if need be. Though Milly may not like that... Darnnit! Arty didn't like the boy, but Milly would surely stop her from doing anything to him... quite the dilemma. It was really too bad... she would enjoy messing with the demigod. Maybe his head just a little?

"You would be?" Arty purposely didn't answer his question-- she would let him wonder for a while.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

This night in the strawberry fields got weirder and weirder. First the claiming, Now Thomas was listening in as the goddess told Milly about her father, Thomas. Ok, that’s a mild surprise, thought the youth. Then, Thomas had interrupted as politely as possible, asking about the Maiden Goddess thing. The Maiden goddess (sorta Maiden, apparently) turned and glared at him. Bad move. Thomas did too much traveling, and his reaction was so natural, he didn’t even realize he did it. He angled his body to the side, left shoulder pointed to the deity, he took a battle-ready pose, and his right hand rested on his Ping Pong Paddle. As he did so, a soft growl emanated from his throat, and his dark, blue green eyes glared right back into the silver blue eyes of the goddess. The weird part was he didn’t realize he was doing any of this. His mind thought quickly. Dreams… She said she appeared in dreams… the goddess asked after his name.

“I am Theseus Dayton Kirtley. I have traveled under the name of Thomas, as it is more normal, but Theseus is on my birth certificate. I have trekked eleven hundred miles on foot, might I add, to get to this camp, and every time I ask a question, I have been given the run-around until I was forced to figure it out for myself. This you have done and I have deduced it from a single piece of Mythology: Endymion.” At the name, Artemis bristled, as though he had crossed dangerous territory. “Granted, the myth never transferred easily to the ever chaste Artemis, but now that I think of it, it fits very well. Milly being your daughter. Aphrodite ought to be jealous that you redefined sleeping with someone before she did.” There were two ways Artemis could take this: she could see it as a compliment for one-upping her rival, the goddess of Love, or she could be insulted, and blast him. Either way, he was ready to go. Oh snap. He was ready to fight a goddess! Idiot, she could see that as a challenge in and of itself! The boy relaxed his posture, and looked the goddess peacefully. “Sorry, I do things subconsciously sometimes. I didn’t realize…”

((Muse here, Check, Time to code, not available, sorry.))
Back to top Go down
Milly Gardener
Daughter of Artemis
Milly Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:14 am

Milly was just getting over the fact that Artemis, the maiden Goddess was somehow her mother and that she knew her real father; it didn't help that the goddess was talking about him. Many thoughts ran through her mind and it took a lot of willpower to just run away from Camp and look for her father but Milly had to practice archery first before the girl could think about leaving the confides of Camp. What shocked the girl was the fact that her father was called Thomas and the friend that she had made on her first day and was standing next to her was also named Thomas. This new information about the girl's father seemed to comfort her. Even though he hadn't heard from him before, if Artemis had known him and come to love him as a nice guy, it seemed that Milly was able to trust the goddess judgement about the man; even if he was a rubbish parent. 

Milly could tell just by the body language of Thomas and the glare Artemis gave him, they didn't like each other at all. Yes, given the fact that Thomas was a boy and Artemis seemed to dislike boys.... A lot but did the two have to dislike each other? Couldn't both of them get along, for Milly's sake? Thomas had been the girl's new found friend and seemed to be the only person patience enough to put up with her shyness but Artemis was her mother and even though she seemed like a rubbish mother (even if Milly didn't say that out loud), she had come to find herself liking her mother. It was the Fates toying with Milly's life again, just planning to ruin her life even more. Brilliant, she thought realising her impending doom. 

Before Milly could put a stop to the two's certain dislike for each other, Thomas seemed to answer Artemis question in full detail. The girl seemed to find out more about the boy as he 'proved' himself to the Goddess. For one fact, she now knew his real name was Theseus and not Thomas although he did prefer the latter. Apparently he had travelled far and wide to get to camp and other stuff. Milly's ADHD got the better of her and she zoned out, not really listening to the rest of his mini speech. Once the boy was finished, Milly 'woke up' from her daydream and turned to Thomas, giving him a smile. She turned to Artemis and gave her a stern smile. "Do you two have to do this?" she asked directing it at the two. She looked into her mother's eyes, forgetting that they're intimidating and just focusing on them before moving toward the woman and whispering into her ear. "I know you don't like him mom but please get along... For me?" she pleaded before stepping away from the woman and standing next to Thomas, looking at her mother still. "He's only curious. The only fact I haven't been asking questions because it hasn't fully sunken in yet. But who really cares about my mother's oath? Besides if she hadn't broken it, I wouldn't be here right now, right?" Milly asked, not really expecting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Olympian
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:38 pm

((Godmod alert. Bad Thomas. XD "At the name, Artemis bristled, as though he had crossed dangerous territory."))

So his name was Theseus? Interesting. Yet he mentioned Endymion. That was against the line. It was so against the line she may just smite him-- and she wasn't the smiting type. No one was supposed to remind a maiden goddess that they had had fifty children with one man. That was just something people didn't do. Though the reason for that was probably because they feared for their lives. Gods, Artemis had just realized something. Thomas had guts. That would probably get him killed anyway, so why not just kill him sooner? He was challenging her, after all. It could be an... ah, unfortunate accident. When he apologized, Arty snorted. Getting ready for an attack and crossing lines was too far for a simple sorry.

She was just about to smite him, when Milly stopped her. Fine. She wouldn't smite him. Or kill him. Unless he crossed another line. If he said anything about how guys were better than girls--

No. For Milly, she would try not to kill him. That wasn't a promise or anything, so far he was pretty annoying, but it was the best she could do. Sometimes her temper got the best of her, and it was something she wasn't proud of. Just like Endymion...

"Fine. But, boy," Artemis pointed a finger at Thomas, "your guts will get you killed someday. Trust me, I've seen many a-hero who've been killed by overconfidence, and you may just be another." This was very true, and though Artemis wanted to smite this boy, Milly liked him. So she just settled for glaring.

Really the only reason Arty didn't fight the boy, or smite him, for that matter, was because of Milly. She had been a horrible mother, and hadn't even known she'd had a daughter. Maybe there were even more of her children out there. Gods, that would be insane. Would there be enough bunks in her cabin while her hunters were there? Well, did it really matter? The hunters would only be there during the summer, and Arty knew most demigods left during the summer.

Thomas would be killed someday, like every demigod, and did it really matter if it happened now, or later?
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Thomas was terrified for his life. Not by much, admittedly, but he was still scared from his brownish black mop of hair down to his worn Justin boots. He actually had the balls to get into a glare contest with ARTEMIS? He was begging for a death wish here, with actions like that. At the same time, he knew that she knew he liked Milly, even though he liked her before she was claimed to be Artemis’ daughter. That certainly would put him onto any mother’s list, though he’d be the last to blame them. He released Pinger, and waited to get smitten, turned into a deer for her to shoot, or maybe a pigeon, just to get a shot at true flight before an arrow ended it.

Now that Thomas thought about it, he realized he’d enjoy flying; the air underneath his wings, the feeling of soaring through the sky… Thomas shook his head. This was no time for his ADHD to be kicking in. He’s about to get killed, after all. After all, all he did was hang around her daughter, whom he still wasn’t what how he felt when he thought of her…. Thomas would have sworn his heart skipped a beat, maybe two, and that they had nothing to do with his aortic arch reverse heart condition. He felt something stirring inside it. Could it be? He didn’t know, he’d never felt it before. At least, not like this… he almost thought of the word, but was certain that the goddess would smite him if he so much as thought of the word loveoh, snap.

The goddess rose, it seemed to him, and almost had stricken him down, turning him to dust (or some small rodent) when they were both caught by surprise by Milly stepping in, asking Artemis not to do anything to him, and whispered something into her mother’s ear. Thomas didn’t know for sure, but sometimes it seemed like his hearing had sharpened over his travels, and they just might have caught her saying what sounded like “for me.” The youth’s heart thumped within his chest, threatening to burst out of his chest and demand to know where the girl pumping his adrenaline through the roof was so she could get a piece of its mind on being overworked. Then, she stood by him, looking at Artemis and stating that she would have asked the exact same questions if it wasn’t for the fact that it was still sinking in. Thomas loved her for that. He blinked. Do I love her? Have I done anything to earn that privilege? Have I? If I have, I have someone else I need to prove myself before, someone important: her mother. Thomas managed a slight grin as his next thought crossed his mind. Heh, story of every teenage male’s life, make the mother of the girl like you? Good luck, mate!

Artemis seemed to be resigned not to kill him, something Thomas was grateful for, for certain. He was certain he’d be dead meat by that time, maybe dead rabbit meat. Artemis started to speak. [/color]"Fine. But, boy," Artemis pointed a finger at Thomas, "Your guts will get you killed someday. Trust me, I've seen many a-hero who has been killed by overconfidence, and you may just be another." [color=white]Thomas looked the goddess in the eye, one hunter to another, and spoke his reply. “My lady, with all due respect, I don’t plan on dying anytime soon. And as proof of this…” Thomas drew his paddle, and offered it toward the goddess hilt first. “I offer this to your service. If you need me, my sword, or my paddle, all you need to do is speak your request and, assuming it doesn’t involve suicide, I will gladly do the service in your name, not mine. For what is a mortal man but a mound of flesh, if he fights not for his gods?” The symbolism of his act done, the unclaimed demigod holstered his weapon, and straightened from his bow, his forest green eyes looking in the goddess’ silver-blue eyes.

For a moment, he was afraid she’d test him by telling him to stay away from her daughter, but then he calmed. If that’s what it takes, he thought, then in her name, I shall stay away from Milly, though it would tear my heart. Would it? Thomas was stricken by indecisiveness and uncertainty. Did he like her, or was this Aphrodite messing with him? What’s more, did she like him? If she didn’t, the boy didn’t know how he’d take it. Probably throw himself off a cliff, most likely. The demigod decided to be straightforward with the moon goddess.

“I just realized something, and I believe you might understand me when I say this: I can’t agree to never fall for your daughter.” The boy waited, for her to respond, for the fact to sink in, whatever. “My reason for this is fairly simple, my lady. I can’t keep from falling for her, if I-“ The boy stopped, a couple words caught in his throat, but he choked them out any way, falling into a kneeling on one knee as he said “I can’t keep from falling for her if I already have, my lady.” Head bowed, Thomas awaited his doom.
Back to top Go down
Milly Gardener
Daughter of Artemis
Milly Gardener

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Milly was quite surprised when Artemis didn't smite Thomas on the spot. She wasn't sure why but maybe the Goddess felt guilty for being a terrible mother. She would probably have smite him right there and then but since Milly asked her not too, the goddess seemed to comply. Milly stood there with a beaming smile on her face. Never, had the girl smiled so much since she arrived at camp. It seemed to improve Milly's confidence but she was still the shy girl who never really interacted with anyone. Artemis said that Thomas's guts would get him killed one day and Milly sighed. Well, that's as good as it gets. Milly thought and shrugged the comment off. 

The girl's heart pounded in her chest, threatening to come out of her mouth. She didn't know what the hell Thomas was trying to prove but in Milly's opinion, it was the worst decision he could ever make. Thomas had just declared his loyalty to Artemis and in other words, become her slave. Brilliant, just what I needed. Milly thought, rolling her eyes slightly. Why did Thomas have to do that? It was bad enough that Artemis hated him but for the boy to make himself the goddess slave? That was a foolhardy mistake. Milly felt like lunging forward and smacking the paddle out of Thomas hand before Artemis reached it but that would endanger Thomas even more. She would just have to accept the fact that Thomas was probably now working for her mother. 

“I can’t keep from falling for her if I already have, my lady.” Milly's head jerked up and she turned to look at Thomas, her heart pounding hard against her chest. Did he seriously just say that? Milly asked herself, wondering if she was just hearing things. Did he just declare his love for Milly or was it just for a show. It would explain a lot; like why Artemis was so hostile with Thomas and why Thomas felt the need to become Artemis personal demigod. Was it because he wanted to prove himself to her mother? The girl was unsure but what she did know, Thomas had said that he loved her. Milly thought it was rather cute as a blush appeared on her cheeks. Now the only question the girl needed an answer to; did Milly like him back? Of course she liked him as a friend but ever since that day on the hill, Milly had felt there was something between them. The boy was nice, polite and his forest green eyes and his smile seemed to captivate her. He seemed like the perfect best friend but could it possible be more than that. 

"Thomas, do you really mean that?" She asked, talking a hold of one of his hands. The warmth from his hands seemed to make her heart beat incredibly fast and it felt she was going to have a heart attack or something. She knew why her heart was beating so fast; because her feelings for him were simply more than best friends. She tried to get a look at those forest green eyes but she couldn't they were set on Artemis. She stood there, waiting for his reply, to confirm that it wasn't just a show, that it was definitely real love. 
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Olympian
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:03 am

Humph. Thomas' words were well spoken, yet also the words of an incompetent demigod. Arty was kind of sad the challenge couldn't involve suicide... alas, what about something with... say, an 85% chance of death? Technically, Arty wouldn't be sending him to his death. She may be sending him to his death. May.

She was also sad it didn't include leaving Milly alone. Oh, how she would smite him if he broke the promise then... and she wasn't the smiting type. Maybe she would just turn him into a deer...Wait. If only she could turn him into a deer, and set the hunters after him. It would be a test for him, and her hunters, but she wasn't allowed suicide.

Why was this so hard?

While Arty was thinking of ways he could possibly die, but not certainly, he said something that didn't surprise her, but still made her mad. “I can’t keep from falling for her if I already have, my lady.” If only she could smite him then and there.

Then came something that maddened Arty even more.

Milly liked him back.

No. Arty knew that not all her children would join the hunt, and just never date at all, but... did her daughter really have to confess her love right in front of her? Well, technically she didn't, but it was all the same to Arty. Holding hands was just as bad as saying you were in love. In Arty's world, at least.

Again, she glared at Thomas. He really was ready to be given a test from a goddess-- a goddess who hated boys? Not to mention, he was in love with her daughter, and Arty had a bow and arrows on her... Demigods really were getting stupider and stupider.

"Well said. Yet you do know, you just pledged yourself to a goddess? We can think of some pretty hard stuff. Actually, I think I owe my brother Apollo a favor..."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:25 pm

The poor little bugger still expected death to arrive any second, but if it did, his soul was prepared for it. But was his heart prepared for it? He realized that if he was going to die, he would defy it, merely to try to live with Milly. The boy waited for Artemis to either accept or spurn his offer of what was very basically slavery, when he felt a hand slip into one of his, setting a feeling of fire n his flesh. His heart became a jackhammer in his chest, the pounding of runner’s feet, and the speed of a fleeing rodent from the claw of the hawk. In essence, if his heart kept this up, it would start to increase possibilities for heart failure-slash-total shutdown. He looked up, gazing into the chocolate brown eyes of the first girl he ever loved. Namely, Milly Gardener, asking if he really meant what he said, as though she thought it was for some show.

“Yes,” Thomas replied, getting up from his kneeling position, and holstering his paddle as he did so he could take her other hand with his, looking into her eyes, he continued. “I love you, Milly. You’re the first, and probably, the only person I’ll ever love, especially if your less-than-thrilled mother turns me into a jackrabbit as opposed to just killing me.” Then, the boy took his first risk with her, her mother looking on, he embraced her, wanting to give her even a brief kiss, but not wanting it to be the last thing he ever did in his life (he was certain he would want another if he did, but would be blasted right out of Milly’s arms if he did), he restrained himself from making that particular maneuver. As it was, the hug was magical, and if that’s all he got for a while, he could deal with it, he was sure.

Then, the goddess spoke to him, stating that she could think up some pretty tough stuff. The boy had little to say to that, just the following; “If that’s what it takes, then let it come.” The unclaimed demigod didn’t care, just so long as it meant he would be with Milly. Whatever the obstacle, whatever the challenge, he would take it on, and while the boy wasn’t the best at everything, he was good with his hands, and clever. That alone had to count for something. Plus, Artemis herself admitted he had guts. No coward would stand down from a challenge. If he had to hunt down Lycaon and get his pelt, so be it. Thomas would do it. Then Artemis mentioned her brother Apollo, and Thomas grinned. He knew Apollo rather well, met him a couple times. The dude was pretty cool. “Name it, and it shall be so.”

Thomas had yet for his eyes to leave Milly's, and rested his forehead on Milly's, wanting, desiring, almost needing to kiss her, but at the same time, afraid that, since Artemis didn't swear on the Styx, she would then just turn him to grease. If, however, Milly was to kiss him, his chances for destruction were greatly reduced as- ah, what the hell.

He kissed her. gods help his soul, he was kissing her, right in front of Mythology's biggest sexist, as well as mother to the girl he was kissing. If Thomas died, he would never regret it. Being dead would help with that, though. Thomas swore his soul felt like it was on fire, his heart started yammering, then it just stopped. Completley. Slipping out of Milly's arms, Thomas fell to the ground in a heap, dying right there, incapable of speech, just thought. never thought my heart condition would kill me for my first kiss... as the demigod entered his mildly comatose state, he lost touch with the world, with his own thought.

((come on, don't let me die on you... Heart conditions are a bitch, XD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)   Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strawberry picking (Artemis, Thomas)
Page 1 of 1