Percy Jackson RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Percy Jackson RPG

This is a Role-Play based off of the popular Percy Jackson Series. You can be canons, mortals, almost anything you can think of.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Go down 
+2
Redmond Powell
Evie Nightingale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evie Nightingale
Daughter of Hecate
Evie Nightingale

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 am

So, I've put this together to help out a bit. I see a lot of questions posted around, but i'll do my best to answer them all here, and any not in here you can ask in the Questions thread!

~Bella Donna
Unclaimed, Admin of PJORPG

First of all; Meet the staff!

Your hard working Admins!

Frank Desmond; Son of Dionysus; Head Admin
Beastmode
First of all, I'd like to say hello, and sorry for abandoning you all! I just want to say I am glad to be back!
You can call me Andrew (RL name) or Frank, either one, I am 14 (I was 12 when I made this, scary, I know), I am a member of Half-Blood Hill and a Hunger Games RPG site made by Thomas. I left RPing for 2 years, due to I didn't find it interesting, but now I am back, with muse, and more mature. I live in Kansas, in the USA. In real life, I do many sports, golf, cross country, baseball (GO ROCKIES!), basketball (GO THUNDER!), track, football if it was in different season than cross country), but I watch it (GO PATRIOTS!). One other thing I do on the computer is fly, I am a Flight Simulator enthusiast, I have flown 14 hour flights before and I plan to go into aviation in college and fly, in fact, this summer, I might get to fly gliders. Some bands I like are old timers like Eagles, Kansas, Journey, Boston, some modern time bands are like Daughtry, 3 Doors Down, Hinder, Coldplay, The Script, One Republic, I HATE BIEBER. I have read several books, I have read Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, Inheritance (Eragon! Probably my favorite with a close 2nd of Hunger Games and PJO), Percy Jackson (obviously). My favorite college is Clemson University in South Carolina, and my 2nd favorite is Kansas State. You guys can PM me questions and stuff on like books and the site, I'll be glad to answer them.

I can't wait to RP with you and meet you all! Frank can be interesting at times Smile

Bella Donna; Unclaimed
Rawr.

Well, firstly a warm welcome and thanks to everyone on the site! lately I am attempting to bring this site back to life, this includes the new layout, the new header image (created by me!), and the whole re-organisation of the forum!
I am, on this site anyways, Bella Donna and Evie Nightingale. But you may call me Emily, which is my name irl.
I am on a few other RP sites, and have been a proud member of one of them for three years this year.
I am currently a Forensic Science student at college, and I have a part-time job on top of that, so my activity hasn't been brilliant recently. I live in the rainy England, though I want to move to Florida! I have just turned 18, so I am trying to live life up a bit.
I don't really do much outside of RPing, but I make graphics and draw sometimes. I'm also working on a novel. I like 80's music; Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Bonnie Tyler etc. But I also like rock, emo, metal, screamo, and some other modern music. I'm not a Justin Bieber fan.
I like reading all sorts of book, but I hate Twilight with a burning passion (sorry Twilight fans!). My fave books include the Harry Potter Series, the Hunger Games Trilogy and the Vampire Academy series.

Anyways, I can, and will be, seen around the site accepting characters and claiming them as well as posting as Evie! Hopefully we can get a plot up when we have plenty of characters!

~Evie

Thomas Kirtley; Currently unclaimed.
Theseus12, Theo, Thes, Thomas, Tom, Tomboy, TOMMIE-BOY!, Tomcat, Tommyboy, Ju1cypear. just don't call me Peeping Tom. Also known as He of Many Names, Hotfoots, and Talksalot
How you guys doin? I am fairly new to the whole "Administrator" thing, but being an Admin of... oh come on... give me a moment... 6 sites, so I'm getting better at it fairly quickly. I am a fairly easy going guy who often wonders in which part of the nineties quality music died in, and often have my head buried in music from the Age of Metal. well, I also like Celtic stuff, like Flogging Molly, and the Celtic Women. i also prefer classical music. in fact, my taste in music is pretty wide, the music just requires INSTRUMENTS, not Autotune. I am glad to make your aquaintance, and if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to hit me up with a PM or an E-Mail!

~Thomas Kirtley

Luke Ford; Son of Poseidon
Missing in action!
Luke Ford is Evie's full brother in reality. While Evie lives with their dad, Luke lives with their Mum. Lately Luke's internet access is limited due to some IRL problems. When he gets back, and fingers crossed that he does come back, he should be able to edit this to his own likes.

Your wonderful Mods!
Currently we don’t seem to have any active mods. Check back later in the case of promotions!

Question and Answer time!

How do I get accepted? I want to start writing!
First of all, welcome to the site!
Secondly, take the template found here (click) and fill it out. It’s probably best if you write it up on Word or a similar program. Once filled out you should post it either in the regular characters area (click) or the Canon characters area (click) depending on the type of character you are having. We are not currently accepting any Roman characters, or canons from the lost hero series.
Please note that you do NOT get to pick your own godly parent.
Once posted one of the lovely staff members will either accept your sheet or give you a few things to fix.
Please, please, please don’t post before you are accepted! Your threads will either be locked or removed and repeated ignorance to the rules will get you banned from the site.

ALSO -- Please, please, please don't PM the admins asking if we've seen your application, or to pester them in any way at all. We're patient people, but we reach a point where it's just obnoxious and irritating. Just understand that we'll get to it as soon as we can, but sometimes we don't have time or we're working on our replies, or sometimes we're even doing other things not related to our site. We do have lives and jobs outside of here. So please don't PM us all the time - we'll work on it when we can! (That said, if it's been a few days, you've seen us online, and we haven't replied, you may send a polite[b] PM to the admin you sent it to and ask if we've looked at it - we may have forgotten, since we are busy and human in that respect - just don't go, "HAVE YOU SEEN MY APPLICATION I'M TIRED OF WAITING AND I WANT TO ROLEPLAY OK??" because we will at best send back a frosty reply and the wait time for your acceptance may be longer - rudeness is not tolerated here.)

[b]Where are the rules?

Glad you asked! The rules can be found here! Please make sure you read them thoroughly before starting out!

Yay I've been accepted! ...Now what?
1) Introduce yourself in the Introductions thread! We love newbies, so expect a warm welcome! We have one of those for a reason, so don't start a new thread so people can welcome you - it'll be locked. It's not that we're not happy to see you, but it keeps the board cleaner if we all stick to the introductions thread.

2) Read this thread! (Oh oops, you're already doing that! XD)
3) START WRITING!! ^_^ Generally a lot of people start on the Hill, but you can start anywhere you want!

How do I get Claimed? And When? Can I suggest claimings?
This is a pretty big question!
Just write like you normally would. You have no powers that hint your godly parent. Anyone hinting won’t get that parent. The staff will look over your profile and posts and decide who to claim you as! It’s simple really! We are aware that the gods are supposed to claim their children by the time they are thirteen, but that probably won’t happen on here due to a lot of members starting off after they are thirteen.
You can suggest other peoples godly parents via PM to a staff member, and if we think it fits we may claim them. However, please don’t PM them to talk about it. And You cannot suggest your own parentage, we apologise for that but it wouldn’t be fair otherwise!

Can I go into the mortal world?
At the moment everyone has to stay in camp. Once we get more members you may go into the mortal world for the school year, but you will have to fill in a small form to do so at the correct time. It is very rare that a demigod will be allowed outside the camps borders otherwise. Hermes children may leave for a thread with permission from a staff member. Other demigods may also leave, but again it has to be with permission and a good enough reason to do so.

How do I get a weapon?

Head over to the Armory, located in Camp, and create a topic saying you're making/finding your weapon. You may find any kind of non-magical weapon, or a Hephaestus kid might start roleplaying with you, and you can request that the forge one for you IC. Either method is acceptable, and almost all kinds of weapons are allowed. (Guns are allowed also, but not often. Typical weapons include swords, daggers, bows and arrows, battle axes, and spears, although more modern/not traditional Greek weapons can be forged and are located in the Armory.) Please do not show immediate proficiency/skill for all weapons - that's an Ares kid thing, and if you aren't claimed, that's breaking the rule of not requesting a godly parent. Your character is allowed to feel comfortable with a weapon, but that is not the same as being an immediate expert without having used it before. Also first attempts at making weapons are often disastrous, and only those with previous instruction may create a decent kind of weapon.

Magic weapons aren't allowed unless given to you by your godly parent, or a Hephaestus child with permission from a staffie.- including those that are collapsible, like how Riptide turns into a pen - you may not create one when creating your character, and you may not "magically" find one in the armory. On guns again, you need staff permission and if accepted, you only get one clip, and it is refilled every 3 days, but is only used for self-defense in mortal world unless said so by staff.

Can I fight people?

If you mean in character then of course! Demigods are always in training, ready for the next monster attack. When fighting, however, you cannot powerplay (make someone else's character do something without them saying they did it) or godmod (which is being able to dodge all the time, hit everytime, hit critical spots, cause flames to appear, or just generally be more god-like than is normal of a half-human). A good rule of thumb is to allow your character to be hit every other strike, and to have them miss every other strike at their opponent. Use of powers in the unclaimed is not allowed, and even if you are claimed, don't go overboard - your powers make you tired, and you might die if they're overused.

In OOC forums you should refrain from serious arguments and threats, any seen will get you warned and then banned.

Once again I give HBH a huge credit for this, since I copied a lot of it… the thread on HBH can be found here: http://halfbloodhillrpg.forumotion.com/t4122-frequently-asked-questions
Back to top Go down
Redmond Powell

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:33 am

Question: sorry if this seems out of line, but I've had some experience with plagiarism prosecutions.
Did you happen to ask the staff of HBH if you could copy their FAQ, even if you did edit it?
Back to top Go down
Terpsichore
Minor Goddess
Terpsichore

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:36 am

Well she did give credit to HBH...
Back to top Go down
Redmond Powell

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:37 am

That's besides the point. You do need to ask for permission to copy legally.
Back to top Go down
Evie Nightingale
Daughter of Hecate
Evie Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:39 pm

No, permission was not asked, however half blood hill is not copyrighted in any way, so as long as I have referenced them then it's fine.
I'm a college student, I do know how Plagiarism works.

However, the FAQ shouldn't be a problem since mostly it's just the basic layout copied. I did best to answer most of the questions myself, but I was pressed for time while creating this. This is not a permanent one anyways, just while we get the site back up. Likewise with the other stuff we borrowed.
Back to top Go down
dtwc

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 pm

How do I fill out the Character Sheet in my profile?
Back to top Go down
Bella Donna

Bella Donna

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:54 pm

You copy it into an email... There should be a full template somewhere, and then email it to the address given on the template.

I'm on my iPod right now, otherwise I'd link you to the thread.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Athena
Thomas Kirtley

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 am

HERE IT IS!! Sorry about that. The Character sheet can be found in an announcement in the Newbie Center.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Page 1 of 1